Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Upgrade or Wait?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 23, 2010 5:28:35 AM

Currently I have 2 BFG 280GTX's in SLI mode.
What I would like to know is whats Going to be a better upgrade, Whether it be Nvidia or SLI... I have around 500$ to spend maybe more I've read the charts but nothing shows a comparison on my next upgrade choice. I want to see a real difference in Gaming
I'm Currently Running:

25in LCD Monitor. 1980x1080 Res(native)
AMD X4 955 BE nonoverclocked
Intel X-25 SSD Drive 80GB
8Gb's of Gskills Ripjaws 7cas
1050w Ultra X4 PSU
Asus M4n98TD EVO.

Thanks for Any Opinions.

More about : upgrade wait

a c 169 U Graphics card
June 23, 2010 6:44:05 AM

Well i don't think you have any problems running games with 2 GTX 280s right ? because they are very capable although there are many newer models released.IMO keep them for now.
m
0
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
June 23, 2010 11:00:06 AM

Wow...
Don't waste your money, buddy. Save it until you're really need a new card... :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
June 23, 2010 11:15:09 PM

Alright thats for the opinions everyone I think your right i'm gonna wait a few months and see where they go. Really considering a 5970.. it's a huge price step.
So if it comes down to like 500-600 it could be within reason
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2010 2:00:50 AM

wait till the end of the year and prices should be better, more options =)
m
0
l
!