Looking for a modern video card that outputs comonent (ypbpr)

seylerc

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
I am looking for a video card that can send component out to an old HDTV that I have. My old tv can take 1080i over component in and I would like to find a relatively cheap card (~$40 to $80 or so) that can work with this older TV. Any suggestions? It seems like most cards aren't really sending component over VGA anymore. I was thinking about getting a 4850, but they are still a bit too pricey.

seylerc

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010

I already have HDMI out via my on-board video. Since HDMI is a digital signal, and component is analog, the only way that cable would work is if you had a video card that was designed to send component over the HDMI port, but something like this would not be standard or normal.

The S-Video cable would work if the video card has 9 pin S-Video and was designed to send component over that port. Those types of cards come with the cable so the only reason to buy that one would be if I lost the one that came with the card. One such card that does carry it is the ATI 4850, which is a great card, but a little out of my price range since for me this is just an HTPC.

Just trying to find a budget card that sends component out one way or another, but it isn't often published in specs so I am having a tough time finding one.

Thanks for the above replies.

TRENDING THREADS