Canon A75

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 26, 2004 4:34:11 AM

Hi, I just bought a Canon A75. I took some shots with it and I found that
there are some kind of white spots appeared in some of the pictures. Is the
camera defective? Anyone has similar problem?

Thanks.
p.s. Can I post a picture or two for you guys to check it out?

More about : canon a75

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 4:34:12 AM

"Riglin" <Riglin@guanyin.mail> wrote in message
> Hi, I just bought a Canon A75. I took some shots with it and I found that
> there are some kind of white spots appeared in some of the pictures. Is
> the
> camera defective? Anyone has similar problem?
>
> Thanks.
> p.s. Can I post a picture or two for you guys to check it out?

I have the A85, you can send me a picture at

benner at personainternet dot com

Hope you did not get a lemon.
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 11:22:19 AM

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 01:34:11 +0800, "Riglin" <Riglin@guanyin.mail>
wrote:

>Hi, I just bought a Canon A75. I took some shots with it and I found that
>there are some kind of white spots appeared in some of the pictures. Is the
>camera defective? Anyone has similar problem?
>
>Thanks.
>p.s. Can I post a picture or two for you guys to check it out?

There are any number of sites where you can post pics for free.
A Google search on "free photo hosting" (sans quotes) will find you
many.

A common cause of spots as you describe is dust in the air that is
illuminated by the flash. Do the spots show up in flash shots, or all
shots?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

"Riglin" <Riglin@guanyin.mail> writes:

> Hi, I just bought a Canon A75. I took some shots with it and I found that
> there are some kind of white spots appeared in some of the pictures. Is the
> camera defective? Anyone has similar problem?
>
> Thanks.
> p.s. Can I post a picture or two for you guys to check it out?

Sounds like "hot pixels" in the image sensor. I'd consider returning
it for another unit.

Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
!