Did i make the right choice?

sir philus

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
hi guys i recently bought a coolermaster storm scout, as i live in south africa most components are more expensive for example a coolermaster haf 922 costs around $200 maybe a bit less, anyway i got a coolermaster storm scout at a low price and it is brand new, now i was just wondering if i made the right choice, a friend of mine was selling a raidmax aztec for around the same price as the storm scout but it was second hand, is the aztec a better case? and also say if i were to buy a system like this would it fit in my storm scout

asus p7p55d e pro

i5 760

noctua nh d14 cpu cooler

600 watt seasonic psu ( PSUs are extremely expensive in south africa corsair and antec especially)

4gb gskill ram

samsung spinpoint f3 500gb

gtx 460 or hd5850

thanks

Solution
The Coolermaster Storm Scout is definitely a good case and I can't say I've had any experience with the Raidmax Aztec so I wouldn't worry too much - you won't go far wrong with the case you have. Also, Seasonic produce some very good PSUs and the one you chose should meet the needs of your system whichever graphics card you opt for.

The GTX 460 measures 8.25" long and the Radeon HD 5850 measures 9.5" long. Both should easily fit inside the CM Storm Scout - I think this case accomodates up to 11" graphics cards.

The Noctua NH-D14 should also easily fit inside the Storm Scout with no problems. The only issue you may have is that due to the size of the cooler, it may overhang the first two RAM slots. You should be ok with your G-Skill...

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
I was going to get the Storm Scout case, as it had brilliant reviews and is generally a good case overall, only reason i didnt, was becuase i had a store credit with the company and got the Coolermaster HAF 922 instead for the same price.

Put personally that is a good case.

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
The Coolermaster Storm Scout is definitely a good case and I can't say I've had any experience with the Raidmax Aztec so I wouldn't worry too much - you won't go far wrong with the case you have. Also, Seasonic produce some very good PSUs and the one you chose should meet the needs of your system whichever graphics card you opt for.

The GTX 460 measures 8.25" long and the Radeon HD 5850 measures 9.5" long. Both should easily fit inside the CM Storm Scout - I think this case accomodates up to 11" graphics cards.

The Noctua NH-D14 should also easily fit inside the Storm Scout with no problems. The only issue you may have is that due to the size of the cooler, it may overhang the first two RAM slots. You should be ok with your G-Skill sticks since I don't think these have high-profile coolers, just bear in mind that you may have to install your memory first. Hope this helps and good luck!

Solution

I salute you, fellow Saffer.. We seem to get the short end of the stick with imported hardware, don't we?

sir philus

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010

where it lists your pc it says you have a haf 912.....