Will 5770 be safe

IROC_69

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
after alot of research i m going for an ati 5770 i was just thinking will it be safe for upcoming games like crysis 2 medal of honor and other new releases
i will be playing at 1280x1024 enthusiast settings

Anything else could be considered over kill. Some games will not run flat out with every setting maxed at playable FPS but then again those few games wont do it with a 5830 or 5850 either so while it wont max out ever thing it is the best option for your resolution.

Mactronix

IROC_69

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010

so a little tweaking would do it for me just fine i will be able to max things out a bit :D

I would think that would be the case yes. It depends a bit on the rest of your system though. Most Reviews are done with i7 CPU's these days and typically at your resolution a 5850 would get around 8-10 extra FPS which would be approx 40 ish instead of 30 ish running Crysis. That would be running on enthusiast settings with some AA, it varies between reviews some use 2x some use 4x.
So unless you also have an i7 which, not being funny but i doubt it given your res then you can expect to be a bit lower.
Its possible that your CPU could hold back anything faster than a 5770 anyway.
At your resolution i would think the AA at X2/X4 and high settings would be achievable, you can post the rest of the system if your curious about your CPU and if it will be ok should you decide on a better card.

Mactronix :)

IROC_69

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
my specs are

q8400 stock clocks
4 gb kingston hyper x
xfx 750i
500 watt psu
gpu using right now 8800gt
segate 500gb sata II
windows 7 64-bit
windows vista ultimate 64-bit

Well you wont have any issues there for sure. you can run a 5850 if you want with no worries about the CPU holding you back.
I'm not to up on pricing at the moment but last i looked a 5830 wasn't that much cheaper than a 5850 so if you have the budget for it then its something to consider. personally i would get the 5770 still and save for a higher res Monitor.

Remember what i said earlier about the reviews being done with powerful i7 CPU's and have a look at this http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/HD_5830_Twin_Frozr_II/1.html

It should give you an idea what to expect. And the difference between your CPU and the review wont be much either, dependant on game though some like the hyper threading the i7's have and some don't.

Mactronix

IROC_69

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
thanks for the reply
since i m short on cash i will be going with one 5770 because i have bought an entire system a quad core system for some other works

i was wondering i have an xfx 750i mobo since it have 2 pci-e slots on it so i was planning to add an 8800gt for physx acceleration i know nvidia drivers disables physx when detect an ati card but i have a solution for that

thing want to ask that will i see some improvements in performance i know i will have some physx effects but will i have improvements in fps or in image quality