Admin login in game - please help

Hi,
Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
administrator.

/Peace
6 answers Last reply
More about admin login game help

    install utcomp and set the invisible admin login option to true

    "skiier" <ad@passiveminds.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
    > When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
    > message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
    > server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
    > message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
    > chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
    > administrator.
    >
    > /Peace

    Is utcomp available for classical UT as well (that is what I am
    running)? I have only been able to find utcomp for ut 2k3 and 2k4.

    "Syanide" <me@knowhere.com> wrote in message news:<0Y7Qc.1177$dM.12621916@news-text.cableinet.net>...
    > install utcomp and set the invisible admin login option to true
    >

    > "skiier" <ad@passiveminds.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
    > > When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
    > > message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
    > > server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
    > > message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
    > > chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
    > > administrator.
    > >
    > > /Peace

    skiier enlightened us with:
    > Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a
    > question. When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is
    > (as usual) a message visible to all players on the server that says:
    > *** became a server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin
    > without this message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave
    > before I get the chanse to kick/bann them because of the message
    > that I logged in as administrator.

    You can use the web admin to kick/ban those people.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    On 4 Aug 2004 06:26:16 -0700, ad@passiveminds.com (skiier) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
    >When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
    >message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
    >server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
    >message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
    >chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
    >administrator.
    >
    >/Peace

    Some aimbots automatically disconnect whenever an admin logs in. I
    don't know if suppressing the message changes that behavior or not.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    doh.. no its only ut2k3/4

    > Is utcomp available for classical UT as well (that is what I am
    > running)? I have only been able to find utcomp for ut 2k3 and 2k4.
    >

    > "Syanide" <me@knowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > install utcomp and set the invisible admin login option to true
    > >

    > > "skiier" <ad@passiveminds.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > > Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
    > > > When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
    > > > message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
    > > > server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
    > > > message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
    > > > chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
    > > > administrator.
    > > >
    > > > /Peace
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "skiier" <ad@passiveminds.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
    > When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
    > message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
    > server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
    > message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
    > chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
    > administrator.
    >
    > /Peace

    I just log in at the beginning of the level, and stay logged in. Makes (some)
    people think twice about cheating.

Login Games Servers Video Games