Admin login in game - please help

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 4, 2004 10:26:16 AM

Hi,
Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
administrator.

/Peace

More about : admin login game

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 8:14:52 PM

install utcomp and set the invisible admin login option to true

"skiier" <ad@passiveminds.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
> When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
> message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
> server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
> message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
> chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
> administrator.
>
> /Peace
August 5, 2004 2:00:13 AM

Is utcomp available for classical UT as well (that is what I am
running)? I have only been able to find utcomp for ut 2k3 and 2k4.

"Syanide" <me@knowhere.com> wrote in message news:<0Y7Qc.1177$dM.12621916@news-text.cableinet.net>...
> install utcomp and set the invisible admin login option to true
>

> "skiier" <ad@passiveminds.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
> > When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
> > message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
> > server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
> > message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
> > chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
> > administrator.
> >
> > /Peace
Related resources
August 5, 2004 12:40:43 PM

skiier enlightened us with:
> Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a
> question. When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is
> (as usual) a message visible to all players on the server that says:
> *** became a server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin
> without this message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave
> before I get the chanse to kick/bann them because of the message
> that I logged in as administrator.

You can use the web admin to kick/ban those people.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 4:27:06 PM

On 4 Aug 2004 06:26:16 -0700, ad@passiveminds.com (skiier) wrote:

>Hi,
>Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
>When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
>message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
>server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
>message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
>chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
>administrator.
>
>/Peace

Some aimbots automatically disconnect whenever an admin logs in. I
don't know if suppressing the message changes that behavior or not.
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 10:44:26 PM

doh.. no its only ut2k3/4

> Is utcomp available for classical UT as well (that is what I am
> running)? I have only been able to find utcomp for ut 2k3 and 2k4.
>

> "Syanide" <me@knowhere.com> wrote in message
> > install utcomp and set the invisible admin login option to true
> >

> > "skiier" <ad@passiveminds.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
> > > When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
> > > message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
> > > server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
> > > message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
> > > chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
> > > administrator.
> > >
> > > /Peace
August 7, 2004 6:56:16 PM

"skiier" <ad@passiveminds.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Being a total newbie on administrating a UT server I have a question.
> When I log in as admin (i.e. adminlogin *****) there is (as usual) a
> message visible to all players on the server that says: *** became a
> server administrator. Is there a way to log in as admin without this
> message being visible? Sometimes, botters just leave before I get the
> chanse to kick/bann them because of the message that I logged in as
> administrator.
>
> /Peace

I just log in at the beginning of the level, and stay logged in. Makes (some)
people think twice about cheating.
!