Kodak CX7530 not transferring pics from internal memory

Last response: in Digital Camera
a b } Memory
December 25, 2004 4:19:42 PM

The pics on the memory card are getting transferred, but the software says
no pics on the camera when I went back to try again after realizing there
were still pics in the internal memory.

using win xp home

....Lisa
Merry Christmas to all!!
Anonymous
a b } Memory
December 26, 2004 11:25:41 AM

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 13:19:42 -0500, "Lisa Hetherington"
<gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>The pics on the memory card are getting transferred, but the software says
>no pics on the camera when I went back to try again after realizing there
>were still pics in the internal memory.
>
>using win xp home
>
>...Lisa
>Merry Christmas to all!!

There shouldn't be any pics kept in the internal memory; that's just a
buffer to hold them they are written to the memory card. The buffer
(or cache) RAM is automatically written to the card.
What's making you think these pics aren't being written to the card?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

"Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in

Mine (on a DX6490) are transferred from both the internal memory and the
memory card. Try using the menu to copy the internal memory pictures to
the card. Navigate the menu system to the "copy" item and somewhere it
should have a function to copy to memory card. You may need to set the
camera to internal memory first (this is found under the menu item "Image
Stor.").

> The pics on the memory card are getting transferred, but the software
> says no pics on the camera when I went back to try again after
> realizing there were still pics in the internal memory.
>
> using win xp home
>
> ...Lisa
> Merry Christmas to all!!

Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 5, 2005 2:00:20 PM

Lisa

are you using Kodak's drivers or the out-of-the-box drivers for Windows XP?

The Windows drivers do not fully support the PTP protocol, one of the known
shortcomings is the lack of support for the two memory locations. The MS
drivers will only support the memory in a card slot.

The Kodak drivers that came with your camera fully support both the internal
and slot memory in the camera. Unless you want to continue to copy the
internal pics to the card, I suggest you install and use the Kodak drivers.

!