Cannot move files, all drives are full?

kishagi

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
im trying to move some files to completely empty drives to free up space on my 2tb drive because it has recently become full (without giving me a 'drive is almost full' like message (low disk space?))

trying to move 4gb to an empty 55gb drive results in a "drive is full" "use disk cleanup", message

system is in ntfs not that fat32, how do i fix this? im tempted to restart and hope it fixes itself like most problems, but i dont want another failed drive (my 3tb back up drive(all my good files) just failed last week)

btw i was using utorrent right before ths happened

kishagi

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
thats the thing, i cannot copy/move anything to any other drive on the computer.

anyway i fixed the problem. i realised that the data bar thing underneath the drive that was full first, was no longer there; i ran a disk error check. it rurns out there was one, and i actually had about 4.5 gb left on the drive. after the check repaired the problem, all drives were back to normal.

SO... should i take this as a sign and change the drive before it fails with mysterious bad sectors like my 3TB Caviar Green drive where i was placing all my stuff to rar and then backup?