Audigy 2 ZS Win7 64 Popping sounds at Desktop

Black_Knight_MC

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2005
I get this annoying popping sounds here and there. Very random and unrelated to any audio playing. I can be sitting at the desktop doing nothing and it can happen. If I reboot it seems to fix it for a limited time (2 minutes to HOURS), but eventually I will start getting popping sounds. It will pop and then maybe 2 seconds later pop again and then a whole minute or 2 later pop again. I plugged in headphones and get the popping too so its not my sound system. I am going to reinstall my drivers when I get home from work. I have read things about PCI latency though so I might check that out first. I have the latest drivers but I instead use the Daniel_K Audigy support pack 3.8 since it use the same latest driver (Plus I use the audigy support pack back when I had vista and it SOLVED my popping issues, this is the first time I have had popping in Win7 and with his pack). If my reinstall doesn't resolve, I will install creatives drivers. Though it shouldn't be different than what is in the pack I mention above, the pack above is modifications to get the original software suite to work post-XP. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Specs:

Core i7 860
Asus P7P55D-E Pro
4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR3 1600
Asus EAH5870
Audigy 2 ZS
WD HD 1TB, 250GB, 160GB Black Caviar
Win 7 64

Haven't overclocked a thing.

Black_Knight_MC

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2005
What port is optical?

Soundblaster_Audigy2_ZS.jpg

I have a digital sound system and I use its optical port for my xbox, but there is no such port on my audigy 2 zs card...

poofypants

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Yeh, no optical on this card. But one of those ports is digital. You might able to use it direct to your headphones. I'm guess it's one of the two next to the firewire.