Sign in with
Your question

Dreamcast, Xbox, 360, and PS2 on my Computer Monitor?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 23, 2010 5:52:29 PM

Hey guys, I just bought a dreamcast with 2 controllers and a VMU on eBay for 23 dollars (!) and I am going to try and hook it up to my computer monitor instead of my TV. Here is my monitor http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82e16824009145 and I'm not exactly sure what I need to do this. I hear that VGA and DVI and RCA are all different types of signal or something? I don't really know and it's all pretty confusing, even though I know quite a bit about computers.

All I want to do is to be able to play my (systems listed above) on my monitor. I don't want them all hooked up at the same time, just the ability to use my monitor with all of them if I want.
a b C Monitor
July 1, 2010 4:15:50 PM

If your computer monitor has the same inputs as the TV that you are now using, just plug in the computer monitor instead of the TV. If this is not the case, more analysis must be done.

BTW, the newegg link you posted doesn't work.
m
l
July 1, 2010 7:36:37 PM

Most PC moniters lack RCA inputs, but RCA->VGA converters are quite common. As for sound, you need to get a RCA->3.5mm mini converter [also quite common], and plug the output to your PC's Line In jack [usually Blue, but sometimes combined with the pink Mic In jack]
m
l
!