Sign in with
Your question

Homemade PC for under $500.00 (AUD) ???

Last response: in Systems
July 31, 2010 7:14:04 AM

Hi,

I have $500 atm and I was originally going to save up for a name-branded PC for $950 until I was told I could build my own for so much less. At this stage I'm not quite ready to build one or go into deep discussion but I'm just wondering if I could make a decent computer for $500 (Australian Dollars). If I were to create my own PC, these are what I would expect the specifications to be...

CPU: Intel Core Duo, Intel Core i3, AMD Athlon x4 (all with 2.5 Ghz - 3.2 Ghz)
RAM: 4GB DDR2 or DDR3 (Corsair, Crucial or another good brand)
Graphics: Anything that will allow me to use photoshop, play unreal tournament 2003, play GTA III, and use Adobe After Effects. It must also support DirectX 10.0 or higher
Sound: Anything that will sound great and have 5.1 surround sound support and 24-bit. It must also support EAX and DirectX Sound
MoBo: ??? (has PCI-E slots and supports SATA II and DDR2/DDR3) I guess...?
HDD: 500GB-1TB SATA II (7,200 rpm or 5400 rpm if it costs alot less)
Case: Mid or Large Case that has plenty of drive bays for expansion and maybe fan mounts but I can make them my self can't I?
PSU: A PSU that will supply my PC with enough stable power and be reliable

I'm new to PC modding so I don't know as much as you guys at all. :whistle: 

Thanks in advance.

-Brandon

More about : homemade 500 aud

a b B Homebuilt system
July 31, 2010 7:23:34 AM

i saw your last thread, and what you are asking to build here would be more expensive than the system you linked there.

for cheap, go with a Athlon II x3 based system. im sure someone with the inside knowledge oin aus pricing can be more specific, but if you want everything listed above you will need to spend more than 500.

(the pc you linked originally couldn't game at all, is completely without expansion options and very low quality. if you want a decent system, you will need to be prepared to pay a little more than 500)

If you dedicate all the cash you would have spent on the original system however, you can build a very nice system that will run rings around the crapbox you originally wanted.
m
l
July 31, 2010 1:25:05 PM

Yeah, I did not think $500 would be enough >.< thanks for the reassurance.
m
l
!