Sign in with
Your question

Laptop doesn't recognize CD Drive, have tried everything

Last response: in Storage
October 17, 2012 7:33:28 PM

Hello, my CD drive disappeared from my computer several days ago. It no longer appears in 'My Computer' or 'Device Manager' but does appear in the system Bios when I view it. I've tried deleting the upper and lower filters from the system registry as Microsoft.com suggested. I've unplugged and plugged the CD drive back into the computer. I've even tried Microsoft Fixit utility. I've also tried restoring the computer to a previous date in time when I knew the drive was working but this was unsuccessful, too. Can anyone provide me with the exact line by line correct wording of the system registry entry for the CD drive? Maybe there's something missing from the system registry?

More about : laptop recognize drive

Hello, my CD drive disappeared from my computer several days ago. It no longer appears in 'My Computer' or 'Device Manager' but does appear in the system Bios when I view it. I've tried deleting the upper and lower filters from the system registry as Microsoft.com suggested. I've unplugged and plugged the CD drive back into the computer. I've even tried Microsoft Fixit utility. I've also tried restoring the computer to a previous date in time when I knew the drive was working but this was unsuccessful, too. Can anyone provide me with the exact line by line correct wording of the system registry entry for the CD drive? Maybe there's something missing from the system registry?

Related resources
a c 85 G Storage
October 17, 2012 8:08:11 PM

It is also possible that the drive itself is defective. Have you tried both CD and DVD media?
a c 85 G Storage
October 17, 2012 8:09:11 PM

Please don't post the same question multiple times. One time will do. Thanks.

See your other thread for assistance.
a c 85 G Storage
October 17, 2012 8:09:30 PM

Please don't post the same question multiple times. One time will do. Thanks.

See your other thread for assistance.
October 17, 2012 8:13:29 PM

what is your motherboard type and full model number
a c 157 G Storage
October 17, 2012 11:51:39 PM

This next topics has been merged by Area51reopened
  • Laptop doesn't recognize CD Drive, have tried everything
  • Laptop doesn't recognize CD Drive, have tried everything
    !