Help: Thinkpad 600 LCD Problem

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
November 21, 2004 1:21:54 PM

Archived from groups: ibm.ibmpc.thinkpad,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

This is a TP-600 that I still like. But it has a display problem.

Everything is fine to boot up. But after about 10min or so when it
gets warm, the display goes away. It turns into grey and no image. But
external display always works. If I let it cool for a day or two, it
comes back on.

Since the external display has no problem, this is not video card
related, but LCD related. I just do not know what part goes wrong.
Some people mentioned LCD backlight, but I'm not sure.

I also look to replace the entire LCD, but I do not know if this will
solve the problem.

Help please.
November 22, 2004 2:30:58 PM

Sounds like a faulty inverter or backlight. I have found this vendor
to be reliable for ThinkPad repairs and replacement parts, check at:

http://tinyurl.com/6lnkx

It might be earier to replace the complete LCD. When available,a
replacement screen can be purchased inexpensively at Ebay.

You can download the 600 Hardware Maintenance Manual to see
what is involved in replacing the inverter. Checkout:

http://tinyurl.com/g51r

Also check these for LCD repair and replacements:

http://www.man-machine.com
http://earthlcd.com

FWIW ... John
!