Sign in with
Your question
Solved

4 PIN POWER TO 3 PIN (CASE FAN)

Last response: in Components
October 4, 2010 8:03:10 PM

I'm looking to add a couple more fans to my case (Antec 300) I currently have 3 fans (Top, Front, Back) I have (2) leftover 120mm fans from another build, I will use (1) with my coolermaster hyper 212 (push-pull) and the other on my case (most likely on the front?Side?)

My question being...
What options do I have for cables?

I've used the two 3 pin connetors on my MB. Looks like I will need to pick up a couple of adapters. I was surprised to find that (and maybe I didn't look deep enough) the 4 pin adapters only have (1) 3 pin connector. So would you need to get an adapter for each fan?? I was hoping to find an adapter that would have multiple 3 pin to one 4 pin, to keep my case as uncluttered as possible. I appreciate any help, advice, insight into a solution. Thank you for your time

More about : pin power pin case fan

Best solution

October 4, 2010 11:00:22 PM

I think you want something like this:

Fan Splitter

That take (1) 4 pin connector and connect up to (6) 3 pin fans. I used this on my xbox 360 lol. I added some modded fans and didn't want to adapt each fan so i used this instead. Works great ;D!
a c 164 ) Power supply
October 4, 2010 11:41:37 PM

pacific27 said:
I'm looking to add a couple more fans to my case (Antec 300) I currently have 3 fans (Top, Front, Back) I have (2) leftover 120mm fans from another build, I will use (1) with my coolermaster hyper 212 (push-pull) and the other on my case (most likely on the front?Side?)

My question being...
What options do I have for cables?

I've used the two 3 pin connetors on my MB. Looks like I will need to pick up a couple of adapters. I was surprised to find that (and maybe I didn't look deep enough) the 4 pin adapters only have (1) 3 pin connector. So would you need to get an adapter for each fan?? I was hoping to find an adapter that would have multiple 3 pin to one 4 pin, to keep my case as uncluttered as possible. I appreciate any help, advice, insight into a solution. Thank you for your time

i have the exact same case and CPU cooler

the CM 212+ in push pull only increases cooling by 1c. The test was done my maximumpc (ran my own test and found the same conclusion). It's still a great cooler, it just does not need two fans. As for the side panel fan in the Antec 300, I found it to be useless unless run at very high RPM. Frankly I would just install a second fan in front of the case. the antec tri-cool fans can be just be plugged into your PSU molex connections.
m
l
Related resources
October 5, 2010 2:54:30 PM

Thank you for your response's I will definately be putting one more fan up front. I may still put the other on the CM 212+ although the benefit seems minimal I guess it's better than letting the fan sit idle. I unlocked a Phenom II X2 555 (triple core) and easily overclocked it to 3.8ghz. Temps are around 32 degrees was hoping to keep it under 30, which now that the weather/temp has dropped it should be obtainable. Thank you Gekko Shadow for the product recomendation....that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again
m
l
October 5, 2010 3:16:06 PM

Best answer selected by pacific27.
m
l
October 5, 2010 9:07:10 PM

Not a problem, glad i could help =)
m
l
!