Need help ASAP AMD CPU

zyinxz

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Alright, my friends got me an AMD Phenom II X6 3.2 GHZ 1090T and I've tried running on a motherboard which is AM2+ / M4a78-Pro. It doesn't seem to boot. It's on a black screen. Is Amd Phenom II 3.2ghz only compatible with AM3 motherboard?

This is my current build.

Case : CM Storm Scout
PSU : Silverstone Strider 600W
CPU : AMD Athlon X2 7850 BE 2.8Ghz
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 64MB Cache
Motherboard : Asus M4A78 Pro
Memory : Mushkin Extreme performance 2x2 2GB
Video Card : Asus EAH4870 DK 1GB DDR5
OS Windows WIndows 7 64bit
Speakers : Logitech G51 Surround Sound
Monitors : (Main) Acer AL1916 19" Monitor / Samsung T220 22" HDTV Monitor

zyinxz

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
I've downloaded the version for Bios Utilities on Windows 7 64-Bit. It says, in quote

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher"

I've tried downloading the Asus utitilies to update your bios on both 64 bit & 32 bit for Windows 7. It has told me the same error over and over (above quote) are there anything else I can do before resolving my last resort into buying a new mobo?

zyinxz

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
http://www.ehow.com/how_4885286_update-asus-bios.html

I'm currently reading this, but I seem to have difficulty understanding Step 6. Do I log-in to my account and get the MS-DOS to appear and enter the command line or am I going into some other place to type in the command line?

If you think the tutorial is a bit hard to understand, please tell me the exact instructions to update my bios via USB storage sick.

I'm looking at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bwu8wN8hCs

I don't have all the entire programs installed for the M4A78-PRO motherboard, does this mean I would have to install the EZ FLash if I don't have it? I'm only assuming I have to un less it's programed right into the motherboard.

As I read it, you reboot and a dos prompt should appear automatically
The way I recently updated my Gf's bios,
found latest bios for her board, downloaded it to desktop,
extracted to a zip/flash drive
restarted into bios and used AsRocks Ezflash,
but if you dont have a utility like that just set bios to boot from your usb
save changes and reboot
it should automatically find the file for the new bios
if not, click into the file to start it off
Moto

TRENDING THREADS