HIS iCooler V HD 5850 Turbo or Sapphire TOXIC HD 5850

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Solution
Forget about the HIS, if you want low temps and you are not going to overclock the get the Vapor-X, if you want an extra 20% boost is performance get the DirectCU.

The difference between the Vapor and the DirectCU at stock clocks is maybe 5% give or take, both cards stay relatively cool under stress.

Afterburner works fine on your board.

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

But this card has less core clock and effective memory clock, the only advantage for me it cost 5 dlls less than the HIS and 20 less than the TOXIC, but I preffer the HIS, only if the TOXIC is more cooler than the HIS I'm gonna get that.

CrystalKing

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010

The stock clocks don't mean anything, its how far you can push you GPU and still achieve low temps. The DirectCU's can do at least 1000Mhz on the core and over 1250Mhz on the memory. The Toxic/HIS does not have voltage control so you are limited to about 900/1200 give or take.

Here I was able to hit 1025/1250 while playing Dirt2 :

Dirt2_1025_1250_143v.png

And it still has a bit more headroom left but my room temps dont let me push the card to its limits. Im just trying to get you the best bang for buck 5850 out at the moment, if you are not going to overclock then the vapor-x is as good as they get ;)

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

If I'm not gonna OC wich is the difference between the two I posted and the ASUS? if the difference in gaming performance is less than the cooling performance then I must go with ASUS (and I have the possibility to OC in the Future)?, but OCing doesn't means more power comsumption and noise (I never I've done OC to anything, so I really don't know)?

And another point is I have an asrock 890FX deluxe3 MoBo so I can't use the MSI afterburner or I can?

Forget about the HIS, if you want low temps and you are not going to overclock the get the Vapor-X, if you want an extra 20% boost is performance get the DirectCU.

The difference between the Vapor and the DirectCU at stock clocks is maybe 5% give or take, both cards stay relatively cool under stress.

Afterburner works fine on your board.

Solution

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

Ok thanks for your help, I would go with ASUS DirectCU, because its more cheap than the Sapphire (and looks better to), have a nice day

GOD BLESS YOU