Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I need help with picking out a case (Very important)

Last response: in Components
October 5, 2010 1:16:48 AM
a c 274 ) Power supply
a c 120 à CPUs
October 5, 2010 2:06:41 AM

^+1 can't beat that combo!
Terrific components.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
October 5, 2010 12:14:16 PM

Christ, is it so hard to just list the components directly instead endless links?

But yes that combo is good. I'd also consider a Corsair (HX650) or Seasonic (X-650) PSU and a HAF case, Antec 902 or even a NZXT Beta Evo with a few extra fans.

Or a Silverstone Fortress FT02 because they just rock (and you pay for it too).
m
l
a c 91 ) Power supply
a c 81 à CPUs
October 5, 2010 1:09:09 PM

Do you intent on going SLI (adding another GTX 480) in the near future.?
m
l
October 5, 2010 4:36:10 PM

Emperus said:
Do you intent on going SLI (adding another GTX 480) in the near future.?

in probably another year. But I was told other places to go at least 750w for the PSU
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
October 5, 2010 4:46:07 PM

ggsxt said:
in probably another year. But I was told other places to go at least 750w for the PSU

It depends entirely on what you're putting in the system now and what you plan on doing in the future.

If you're gonna drop in another GTX 480 then it would be worth doing a 850W PSU now (Corsair HX850 is a nice one) so you have the capacity waiting for you.
m
l
October 5, 2010 5:07:43 PM

Considering that you haven't mentioned anything about cooling my guess you are planning on going with stock air cooling (even though you might consider a better one) the FT02 would be awesome solution. It's expensive but one of the best air cooling because of the rotated mobo, just double check that that card fits in it because it can accommodate almost any card but for the largest one's you need to remove one of the fan grilles but no biggie.
m
l

Best solution

a c 91 ) Power supply
a c 81 à CPUs
October 6, 2010 6:51:27 AM

ggsxt said:

This complicates things on the PSU front somewhat.. For your current rig, getting a 750W PSU should be ok even considering a good amount of overclocking applied on the CPU.. However, adding another GTX 480 raises the requirements wherein an 850W PSU will be bare minimum.. You might need to get an extra 100W or so to keep all power requirements under check and still be left with a little headroom.. May be the Corsair TX 950 will suit your purposes here.. Altogether, you should definitely look to get a minimum 850W PSU for now.. As for the casing, the CoolerMaster HAF X will be good.. Every review (users + others) i've read till now suggests it to be a great case especially for GPU cooling..
October 6, 2010 10:46:37 PM

Best answer selected by ggsxt.
m
l
!