I already purchased the i7-950, but I'm allowed to return it as long as it's unopened. However, I was told that the i5-750 or i5-760 is the better processor for gaming. If it doesn't sacrifice any processing power, I'm all for it. If the i5-700 series are actually better for gaming, I prefer the strongest of the series. Which is actually most appropriate for gaming, the i7-900s or i5-700s?
Also, I have 6gb of ram that came with my Dell XPS 430. The processor was a Quadcore Q8300 that used DDR3 ram. Would I also need to purchase a new set of ram as well?
1.) The i5 750/760 are similar in gaming than the i7 930/950 but are typically recommended because the overall system is cheaper. The LGA 1366 CPU's are the better overall CPU's & systems. If you have already purchased the i7 950, I would just stick with it, as the overall system will be better in the long run.
That's basically it. I have a dvd/cd drive and harddrive from my dell. The new case comes with two 120mm fans and an optional set for x2 200mm fans. It seems that the Corsair H50 and H70 inhibits the installation of 120mm fans on the top and 1 200mm fan, but I'm getting the megaflow set of fans.
Actually, could you look at the specs on the case. I'm lost. I don't want to follow advice from a random person that bought it. How many fans and which sizes should I purchase for it? I see 1 or 2 possible 120mm fans that comes with the case, but I want to install more.
3) It comes with two fans but you'll want to install at least two additional; one on top for exhaust and another one in front for in-take of air. This should give you adequate cooling.
1) I have an HD 5850 1gb card
2) How is it better? The other card seems to be designed for the i7 cpu and has the dd3 1600 and dual-path heat exchange technology.
3) Are you referring to purchasing x2 200mm fans? One 200mm for the exhaust and the other 200mm for front in-take?
2) 200mm fans are the way to go with the two 120mm fans that come with the case. You had it right...
Hey. Thanks for all the information. I know that the difference between the 2 listed ram are very similar, but I went with the other for the other features. It seemed to be compatible with an x58 motherboard as well. Sorry. I meant no disrespect on your opinions. The price difference wasn't too bad. However, I purchased everything that I listed for you and that we covered. I hope that it's a good machine and miles above what I used to have.