New build, first boot, first time ssd.

coldfunk

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
Hey everyone, I usually end up on this forum when I've got questions, so I thought I'd post my thread here :)

Ok so, here goes.

I just put together a pc that will be solely used for watching high def movies, blu ray discs, steaming etc. All I will have installed on it is the OS, media players and codecs, iTunes etc. Everything is hooked up and it's all set for its FIRST BOOT. But I want to make sure I got everything right because this time, I am using an SSD for the first time. I tend to worry too much, so this post is just to make sure what I know is accurate, and to fill in the gaps of what I don't know about SSDs. So first what I know, and last some questions. So far I found this guide, it seems pretty straight forward for my level of knowledge...
http://www.computing.net/howtos/show/solid-state-drive-ssd-tweaks-for-windows-7/552.html
I have a Kingston Hyper X 128gig

What I know:

1. I have to go in the bios and change the setting to AHCI Mode.
2. Enable Trim (from what I understand, it's to ensure data is deleted correctly and/or right away?)
3. Never defragment. (disable)
4. Always leave about 30% free space (I think I'll be near half when all my programs are installed)
5. (this one I remember vaguely) Never fully wipe the drive like an hdd, say for a new windows install, as it also erase valuable software, basically "breaking" it?

OK, question time:

Is there anything else I have to do in the bios before I install windows 7 apart from #1 and #2?
Should I disable system restore? As the guide says "System Restore on a SSD can degrade the SSD performance over time and make it very difficult for TRIM to work" I will not have anything that I fear losing, since all my files will be on an external hard drive.
Is there anything in the guide I should ignore, seeing as how I will have extra space? I only vaguely understand some of those later steps :??:

Thanks!!!