Yet another $1000 gaming rig

I've been trying to put together a pc that's absolutely perfect in my mind for under 1000, and I can never seem to get it just right. So I wanted to see some of your suggestions.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: mid to late August

BUDGET RANGE: 900-1000

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Surfing, gaming, movies, school.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Need everything

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: US

PARTS PREFERENCES: Not Intel.

OVERCLOCKING: probably not. .Depends on how easy it is, I never really read up on it.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Whatever resolution the preferably 24" monitor has.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: 24" monitor, at least 4gb ram, 64bit OS, Radeon GFX.
try to future proof it. Make the PC fully prepared to be upgraded bit by bit later on.
12 answers Last reply
More about 1000 gaming
  1. So just to make sure we're clear. You need mouse keyboard OS and a monitor? Plus the tower for 1000 out the door. Right?

2. 988 before shipping and MIR
  3. Does XFX make decent PSU's? I haven't heard anything about them besides GFX.
    I made a build for a friend a few months back, and we had two RMA Asrock boards, so by personal preference they aren't very reliable. Are they any good?
  4. XFX has received glowing reviews on their PSUs. Asrock is considered a 2nd tier Motherboard manufacturer, along the lines of Foxconn. I consider MSI to be somewhere between 1st and 2nd tier.
  5. ^ is a pretty nice build. I'd use the monitor I linked as it's closer to your 24" goal, but most everything in mrhohos96 is spot on.
  6. should consider this monitor too if u are into LED
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824191012
  7. I really like that build, except for the ram. I would probably choose something along the lines of http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231303. The timings are tighter.
  8. Wow, just my luck. that ram is gone.
  9. these kits are ddr2 not ddr3.
    and the ones i listed are great you can set them at atleast 6-7-6-24 without a problem
    and the lowest timings you can get for ddr3 is 6-6-6-24.
  10. I'll do some research on them, I'm just not fond of the brand.
  11. Mushkin is a tier 1 brand it has great quality and reasnable prices

i mean they made the fastest kits of ddr3 for the x58 platafom
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems Product