Sign in with
Your question

P8P67 Pro Start Up Problems

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2011 7:30:28 PM

Hello,

I have just built my new pc and am having problems starting it up, basicly this is what it does.

I plug in the pc, switch it on, mobo shows green ligh, so far so good, I press power button on, the system starts up for less then 1/2 a second fans spin and lights in the fans come on, then it all stops and thats it.

I have no idea whats happening, Maybe i havent plugged in the mobo propperly or maybe the mobo is broken?

Plz help been trying to fix this for about 4 hours now its driving me crazy!
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 207 V Motherboard
May 26, 2011 7:53:01 PM

Plug in the 4 pin ATX / 8 pin EPS cable into the MoBo near CPU ?

CPU fan plugged into MoBo CPU header ?

Have memory in right slots ?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2011 8:17:37 PM

Double Post
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2011 8:51:38 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
Plug in the 4 pin ATX / 8 pin EPS cable into the MoBo near CPU ?

CPU fan plugged into MoBo CPU header ?

Have memory in right slots ?

Very much sure yeh, I'll check again but I'm 100% sure the ATX's are in and i know the cpu and ram is correct.

Thing is people report having the red LEDs stopping to help them with there problem mine doesn't even get to th red LEDs! lol

Ill check the 4 pin again, but im sure its fine. Could, lets say for example, my gpu not connected correctly cause this? I have a bit of dajavu as i'm sure I had this exact problem last time I made a pc, II've totaly forgot what I did to fix it.

I have tried ram in different slots, tried boot with no gpu, no ram, no sound card, unplugged all fans...etc still no progress :( 

Edit Yep all wires seem in the correct place, even tried the RAM check button and same thing happens, starts for 1/2 a sec then eveything stops (fans and lights on fans
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2011 10:44:15 PM

BUMP
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2011 11:04:22 PM

Any1? I really need help on this 1! I cant find anything regarding this issue I have a feeling its probley an easy fix because there is nothing on the net about it!
May 27, 2011 3:13:40 AM

I feel your pain. I'm having the same problem. Anybody have any ideas?
a b V Motherboard
May 27, 2011 4:09:16 AM

What happens when you use a single stick of ram and your video card plugged in? Assuming you properly seated your RAM, this issue is the hallmark of one of two things:

1) A bad motherboard
2) Bad memory

Let me know what you find when you try only one stick of RAM. You'll want o have that stick of RAM in slot A2, per the P8P67 manual.

For giggles, see what happens without plugging in any SATA devices. Also, see what happens if you unplug all of your case infrastructure (AC97, HDAudio, Power light, case USB, etc, etc).

As a note, you can't get the P8P67 to boot with no RAM at all -- it won't do _anything_ without at least one stick of RAM.

Good luck and report back...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 27, 2011 6:00:29 AM

fullofzen said:
What happens when you use a single stick of ram and your video card plugged in? Assuming you properly seated your RAM, this issue is the hallmark of one of two things:

1) A bad motherboard
2) Bad memory

Let me know what you find when you try only one stick of RAM. You'll want o have that stick of RAM in slot A2, per the P8P67 manual.

For giggles, see what happens without plugging in any SATA devices. Also, see what happens if you unplug all of your case infrastructure (AC97, HDAudio, Power light, case USB, etc, etc).

As a note, you can't get the P8P67 to boot with no RAM at all -- it won't do _anything_ without at least one stick of RAM.

Good luck and report back...

Tried it all, I think my mobo is faulty, I got it so it shows a red light on cpu LED now. GOna ring asus tech and if they cant shine any more light on the problem, im gona RMA it, sigh...
a b V Motherboard
May 27, 2011 9:59:56 PM

Quote:
Tried it all, I think my mobo is faulty, I got it so it shows a red light on cpu LED now. GOna ring asus tech and if they cant shine any more light on the problem, im gona RMA it, sigh...

Any thoughts from Asus? I imagine they'll just tell you to RMA it -- their phone techs seem to be RMA happy from what I've heard...
a b V Motherboard
May 27, 2011 10:22:03 PM

The p8p67 is plagued with sleep and boot issues.

Google "p8p67 boot issues" and "p8p67 sleep issues".
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 27, 2011 11:11:07 PM

Will do, but prit sure im just gona get it replaced, green light shows but once i add ram and cpu so i can power up it turns on for like 1/2 sec cpu ligh goes red for about 1/4 of a sec then system turns off lol

!