joeapom

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Can someone with technical expertise PLEASE HELP.
I want to build a new computer. I am NOT a gamer. I want it to be for professional use. I would like for it to possibly serve as a server for maybe 3 or 4max. computers in the future. I have heard and read so many reviews on motherboards that I am completely confused. It seems everyone has a pro or a con on all motherboards. Most reviews I read are from gamers. Can somenoe with tech experience please suggest a configuration that will serve as a server for me in the future. PLEASE HELP!!

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Go buy a fully built PC with a warranty. If you build one, you are the repair person as well. Gamers and enthusiasts build these things to squeeze out the last frame of a game, not reliability or support.

I would never use one of those in a business environment - just for the support and repair alone. Think about it, if it fails you will order the parts (after figuring out what failed), wait for them to show up, install them, fix whatever else needs fixing before you can use it again.

Buy something with service and it will be back up the next day...

Your background makes you a poor choice to build something - just trying to be honest with you....