Do I have to buy a new GPU?

jv6133

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
My brother's friends were drinking by the computer, and one of them knocked out and slammed his face right onto my desk. Now my monitor is showing several, yet tiny red dots on certain areas of the screen that require visuals (Pictures, Games, Deskstop Background, etc.). I am certain my monitor isn't broken because there is nothing wrong with my screen when I cover up my desktop background with the google chrome window. Is there a way to fix my graphics card? I really don't have the money to buy a new one.

Could be something got knocked loose, you could try re seating all the components, not just the graphics card but all of them. Take then out and re fit. check all cables as well. Obviously turn off and unplug teh PC first. Obvious i know but still :D

Mactronix

thestrangebrew

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
^ +1

I'd start with checking the cable from the gpu to the monitor and make sure it's fully plugged in. Could be loose and not getting the entire signal. Then I'd reseat all the components and check for other cabling.

wishmaster12

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006

its problay the blood splatter. j/k try to not overclock the video card and take out the card and put it back in.