Workstation Service Missing

April 29, 2005 4:31:10 PM

Recently The XP Home pc at my house started acting up; It would not
allow the other pc's to see it. The Printer is installed on this
machine. After some investigation, I noticed that "Computer Browser"
was not started. Soon after I noticed that the "Workstation" service
was missing.

This pc is on a Wireless connection to the router. I went in and
checked the Wireless lan's properties, and saw that File and Print
Sharing was checked. I unchecked it, closed everything, and then
re-checked it.

No Change.

There are no system restore points. Is there anything I can to resolve
this, without resorting to Drastic measures?

Thanks,
Joe
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 8:08:29 PM

Check that "Client for Microsoft Networks" is bound to your LAN network
adapter.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Joe Christl" wrote:
<snip>
I noticed that the "Workstation" service
| was missing.
<snip>
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 5:22:46 PM

It was, but after I delved further into this machine, I think it's
beginning to degrade. I've since learned that it presents the user
with error messages frequently upon boot. Also the System hive of the
registry has needed to be restored recently.

Networking is back up, but we're going to have to replace this machine
soon.

Thanks

Dave Patrick wrote:
> Check that "Client for Microsoft Networks" is bound to your LAN
network
> adapter.
>

> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Joe Christl" wrote:
> <snip>
> I noticed that the "Workstation" service
> | was missing.
> <snip>
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 10:09:24 PM