Workstation Service Missing

Recently The XP Home pc at my house started acting up; It would not
allow the other pc's to see it. The Printer is installed on this
machine. After some investigation, I noticed that "Computer Browser"
was not started. Soon after I noticed that the "Workstation" service
was missing.

This pc is on a Wireless connection to the router. I went in and
checked the Wireless lan's properties, and saw that File and Print
Sharing was checked. I unchecked it, closed everything, and then
re-checked it.

No Change.

There are no system restore points. Is there anything I can to resolve
this, without resorting to Drastic measures?

Thanks,
Joe
3 answers Last reply
More about workstation service missing

    Check that "Client for Microsoft Networks" is bound to your LAN network
    adapter.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Joe Christl" wrote:
    <snip>
    I noticed that the "Workstation" service
    | was missing.
    <snip>

    It was, but after I delved further into this machine, I think it's
    beginning to degrade. I've since learned that it presents the user
    with error messages frequently upon boot. Also the System hive of the
    registry has needed to be restored recently.

    Networking is back up, but we're going to have to replace this machine
    soon.

    Thanks

    Dave Patrick wrote:
    > Check that "Client for Microsoft Networks" is bound to your LAN
    network
    > adapter.
    >

    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Joe Christl" wrote:
    > <snip>
    > I noticed that the "Workstation" service
    > | was missing.
    > <snip>

    You're welcome.

    --

    "Joe Christl" wrote:
    | It was, but after I delved further into this machine, I think it's
    | beginning to degrade. I've since learned that it presents the user
    | with error messages frequently upon boot. Also the System hive of the
    | registry has needed to be restored recently.
    |
    | Networking is back up, but we're going to have to replace this machine
    | soon.
    |
    | Thanks

Configuration Workstations Windows XP