Sign in with
Your question

Gigaworks S750 and Asus Xonar D2x

Last response: in Components
October 5, 2010 2:25:49 PM

Dear all,

After my X-fi XtremeMusic died on my I now have the opportunity to leave Creative behind. I set my sights on the Asus Xonar D2X and started doing my research.
Immediately I noticed quite a serious problem with the connections, the Gigaworks have 3 plugs as shown here.

http://ask.creative.com/wwimages/speakers/s750pics/s750...

The Asus Xonar has 4 connections as pictured here.

http://www.9final.com/computer/images/product_20082/asu...

Is there a way to satisfactory connect the 2 together to get a 7.1 surround or is it impossible?

The reply a guy got at the asus forums was basically nonsensical as pasted below.

"Thanks for choosing ASUS Xonar. If your contents are 2 channels, there shouldn’t be issue like this. However, if your contents are 7.1 channels, please choose Dolby Pro logic llx in Xonar Audio Center."

Basically it is telling him to use virtual surround whenever he has a surround source.

So, what do you guys think? Do I have to stick with Creative?

October 5, 2010 2:43:15 PM

Ok problem solved. I just have to use the cables supplied. One other thing, does the xonar have something like the x-fi crystallizer? It is quite useful with youtube and low quality mp3s.
October 5, 2010 6:05:50 PM

no im afraid not, the crystrailzer isnt even that good, it kills all mid frequencies by boosting bass and treble, by a ridiculous amount.

Mp3 sound quite nice with asus xonar D2 anyway, i dont think u would be that fussy, once you have it
Related resources
Anonymous
December 23, 2012 5:47:42 AM

Hi,
I have the same problem as you did wih the connectors.
What cables did you use to connect the xonar d2x with gigaworks s750 ? Theres are rca cables but they dont fit in the sub, right ?

Need help please
December 23, 2012 7:14:27 AM

Quote:
Hi,
I have the same problem as you did wih the connectors.
What cables did you use to connect the xonar d2x with gigaworks s750 ? Theres are rca cables but they dont fit in the sub, right ?

Need help please

just read the instructions and connectors well, I was making a mountain out of a molehill. :pt1cable: 
!