Problem with my BioStar Motherboard TP67B+

kent10280

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
I am having a hard time installation of windows 7 (Home Edition) 64 bit on my Biostar Motherboard ! I keep getting these installation error messages! All the parts were obtained from newegg.com brand new! The memory, hard drive, the case, dvd rw and video card! Tested all the parts worked in another system. The first error message : -

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk de-fragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive config and check for any updated drivers. Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption and than restart your computer.

Tech Information:-
***STOP 0x00000024 (0x0000000001904FB, 0xFFFFF8800D, 18A128, 0xFFFFF8800D189980, 0xfffff8001c904A87)

Second error message when I tried to install it again: -
Windows cannot install required files. The files maybe corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation.

Error code : 0x80070570

Cannot anyone give me any advise? Check with the tech support @ biostar and they just say just sent it for them to check! (Some help after it took me some thime to explain the problem)! Wish I have got a Asus !

christop

Distinguished
I would check the heatsink on you cpu to make sure it is seated the right way and that your chip is not overheating. You can also try to install windows with one stick of ram and see what happens. Good luck and yeah go with Asus over Biostar

kent10280

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Yes I did check the heat sink which comes with a cooling fan direct from Intel CPU i5 2400k! I also used the grease as well as changing the ram to a single stick! Use a different video card from the major manufacturer!

The strange part is I installed windows xp pro 32 bit after all steps have failed! The installation went on without a problem! It has been running non stop for 6 hours before I shut it down. All the parts did not failed and no crash at all ! Downloaded SP 3 patch and installation without a problem too !

I told the tech support at Biostar almost non existence and did not care but just gave me a link for an RMA! Did not offer any suggestion or trouble shooting tips!

Thanks for helping!