Sign in with
Your question

Crucial M4 stability problems now history?

Last response: in Storage
October 18, 2012 10:19:17 PM

The reviews for the Crucial M4 drives at Newegg.com are generally very good, but the bad reviews have a common theme, i.e. worked great for a few months, then died / BSOD / random lockups, etc.

Are these symptoms of the OLD firmware that wreaked havoc at 5184 hours of use, or does the M4 series have other stability problems I don't know about?
a b G Storage
October 18, 2012 10:23:10 PM

I am not sure i have two no issues so far in fact the best SSD i ever owned besides the samsung 830
m
l
October 18, 2012 10:32:21 PM

Reason I ask is I want to install a Crucial M4 at a remote PC being used as a server.

Nobody will be available to manually reboot the PC in the event it freezes up, especially during the winter when the roads are blocked by snow.
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
October 18, 2012 10:36:11 PM

Well i have no issues but maybe wait for more replies
m
l
a c 289 G Storage
October 19, 2012 3:35:31 AM

Hmmmm.....I am growing old disgracefully and I sometimes forget things but I seem to recall that early on there were some issues. Crucial issued a firmware update which fixed the issues and actually improved performance. They've been fine since then.

When I make suggestions for several brands I usually recommend Samsung first and Crucial second.

I maintain the ssd database listed in the sticky at the very top of this ssd section. Here is the link:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.ht...

Scroll down to the brands and models you are interested in and follow the links to the technical reviews.
m
l
!