formatting/whipeing hard drive help

April 30, 2005 2:51:01 AM

there are 3 operating systems on my husbands pc and it also has a small
partition i cannot figure out how to wipe the drive compleatly clean and
start fresh please help....
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 3:38:02 AM

Start computer,enter the BIOS,install xp cd,set BIOS to boot to cd,then at
info screen select r recovery,press enter key for password,then type:D iskPart
In DiskPart,delete the partition(s),if all then create one,then press Esc
key,
then type:FORMAT C: /FS:ntfs When its thru,type:EXIT Let xp reboot to cd,
then select,install xp.

"formattingdummie" wrote:

> there are 3 operating systems on my husbands pc and it also has a small
> partition i cannot figure out how to wipe the drive compleatly clean and
> start fresh please help....
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 12:27:55 PM

To do a clean install boot the Windows XP install CD-Rom. When you get to
the point, delete the existing NTFS and or other partitions found. After you
delete the partition(s) abort the install, then again restart the pc booting
the CD-Rom to avoid unexpected drive letter assignments with your new
install.

Be sure to apply SP2 or at least these two below to your new install before
connecting to any network.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03...

--