formatting/whipeing hard drive help

there are 3 operating systems on my husbands pc and it also has a small
partition i cannot figure out how to wipe the drive compleatly clean and
start fresh please help....
2 answers Last reply
More about formatting whipeing hard drive help

    Start computer,enter the BIOS,install xp cd,set BIOS to boot to cd,then at
    info screen select r recovery,press enter key for password,then type:DiskPart
    In DiskPart,delete the partition(s),if all then create one,then press Esc
    key,
    then type:FORMAT C: /FS:ntfs When its thru,type:EXIT Let xp reboot to cd,
    then select,install xp.

    "formattingdummie" wrote:

    > there are 3 operating systems on my husbands pc and it also has a small
    > partition i cannot figure out how to wipe the drive compleatly clean and
    > start fresh please help....

    To do a clean install boot the Windows XP install CD-Rom. When you get to
    the point, delete the existing NTFS and or other partitions found. After you
    delete the partition(s) abort the install, then again restart the pc booting
    the CD-Rom to avoid unexpected drive letter assignments with your new
    install.

    Be sure to apply SP2 or at least these two below to your new install before
    connecting to any network.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "formattingdummie" wrote:
    | there are 3 operating systems on my husbands pc and it also has a small
    | partition i cannot figure out how to wipe the drive compleatly clean and
    | start fresh please help....

Configuration Formatting Hard Drives Windows XP