P8p67 deluxe and Saphire HD 6970

umka83

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Hello guys,

I have Asus p8p67 deluxe and two Saphire Radeon HD 6970 cards.

At first, I am trying to isntall at least one video card.

My problem is that when i put my card into grey (x4) slot it works fine and display is working showing bios and stuff.

Nut when i input my card into white (x16) and blue (x8) slots the card seems loose and I do not get any output on the display, like if the card is not installed at all.

I ahve tried to resit the card multiple times pushing it harde into the slot but without success.

Might it be a compatibility issue between Asus p8p67 and Radeon hd 6970? or am I missing something?

PS
i have tried to input another card into white(x16) and blue(x8) slots and it worked fine. i also tried to put the Radeon hd 6970 video card into another motherboard and it worked fine. So none of them is faulty.

PSS. I have a lot of experience building custom pcs but this is the first time i have such an issue. should i try to push HD radeon 6970 even harder into the slot? I am really afraid to break it if if i push anymore.
But the card in (x16) abd (x8) slots is loose so i think it is not sitting properly.

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

iddqdjp

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Hi
I've got the same problem, but still hadn't found any solution. Please help.
Thank you.

P.S.
the board seems to be very loose in blue and white PCIe ports. but is sitting firmly in the grey one.

umka83

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
I spent a lot of time googling and fount a lot of posts describing similar problems... but none offers a solution... seems like I just have to send the board back to the seller for replacement