Sign in with
Your question

SSD error Help please!

Last response: in Storage
October 19, 2012 3:50:11 AM

I did my research, but I did not find a solution to mine. Please help!!!

I bought a Samsung SSD 128 GB and wasn't able to install it due to after reinstalling the recovery discs, I got this message, "Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Boot deice and press a key."

"Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Boot device and press a key."

This is my first time. Please help. I'm a beginner. Can you guys walk me through?

More about : ssd error

a c 104 G Storage
October 19, 2012 8:39:46 PM

Hi Luke, and Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Need to be much more specific what to did so we can give you the most helpful instructions to get you going.

You have an older desktop, and wanted to replace the boot drive with a Samsung 830? So did you use a clone tool to clone the old Drive C to the new SSD C: ? Or did you just copy over the files, or possible made a Win-7 backup image and restored it? If so where did you store the image file? If so, did you go into the BIOS and select the SSD as the first in HDD boot order?

Or did you take out the old boot drive, replace it with the SSD, and use the recovery disks that came with the computer to start all over without data or application files?

Also do you have the original C: boot drive unaltered still, or was that erased?
m
l
!