Sign in with
Your question

No Video Signal On HDTV

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 24, 2010 2:36:56 PM

Hi All I'm Having Issues With Getting My Computer To Display On My HDTV. Specs Are Listed Below And I'm Connected Using HDMI. Also, I've Noticed That If I Start My Computer And Let It Run Long Enough Til I Know Windows Has Started (Approx. 20-30sec) And THEN Turn On My TV, I Don't Have Display Problems. But If I Try To Turn On My TV Before Or During My Computer's Startup Process I Can't Get A Video Signal (No Video Signal Displays Across My TV Screen Repeatedly). Does Anyone Have An Idea As To Why I Have This Problem? Thanks!

TV: Toshiba 32E300U
CPU: AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard: Asus M4A89GTD
PSU: Antec TruePower 750w
Graphics: Onboard Radeon HD4290
HDD: WD Caviar Black 640GB
RAM: 4GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz

More about : video signal hdtv

August 3, 2011 4:40:25 AM

ph4tandy said:
Hi All I'm Having Issues With Getting My Computer To Display On My HDTV. Specs Are Listed Below And I'm Connected Using HDMI. Also, I've Noticed That If I Start My Computer And Let It Run Long Enough Til I Know Windows Has Started (Approx. 20-30sec) And THEN Turn On My TV, I Don't Have Display Problems. But If I Try To Turn On My TV Before Or During My Computer's Startup Process I Can't Get A Video Signal (No Video Signal Displays Across My TV Screen Repeatedly). Does Anyone Have An Idea As To Why I Have This Problem? Thanks!

TV: Toshiba 32E300U
CPU: AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard: Asus M4A89GTD
PSU: Antec TruePower 750w
Graphics: Onboard Radeon HD4290
HDD: WD Caviar Black 640GB
RAM: 4GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz

Just so you know, you aren't alone. I've noticed this as well, with two different television/monitor configurations (one at my parents when I didn't have monitors) and the one at home with my bigger TV and a monitor. Any time I resume windows from sleep mode I get no signal on either the television or the primary monitor and have to force a shutdown, disconnect the television and then reboot. When I use two monitors I have no issues at all.

TV: LG 42 inch or LG 47 inch, one using DVI to Serial Video, one using DVI to HDMI
CPU: Intel i7 920
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe v2
PSU: Corsair 1500w
Graphics: AMD 4870x2
HDD: 2x Seagate 500gb in RAID0
Ram: 6GB Trichan.

I suspect at this point given the drastically different hardware configurations that it may be a hardware issue with the AMD 4000 line. Seems to be the only common thing between our two setups.
!