No Video Signal On HDTV

Hi All I'm Having Issues With Getting My Computer To Display On My HDTV. Specs Are Listed Below And I'm Connected Using HDMI. Also, I've Noticed That If I Start My Computer And Let It Run Long Enough Til I Know Windows Has Started (Approx. 20-30sec) And THEN Turn On My TV, I Don't Have Display Problems. But If I Try To Turn On My TV Before Or During My Computer's Startup Process I Can't Get A Video Signal (No Video Signal Displays Across My TV Screen Repeatedly). Does Anyone Have An Idea As To Why I Have This Problem? Thanks!

TV: Toshiba 32E300U
CPU: AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard: Asus M4A89GTD
PSU: Antec TruePower 750w
Graphics: Onboard Radeon HD4290
HDD: WD Caviar Black 640GB
RAM: 4GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz
1 answer Last reply
More about video signal hdtv
  1. ph4tandy said:
    Hi All I'm Having Issues With Getting My Computer To Display On My HDTV. Specs Are Listed Below And I'm Connected Using HDMI. Also, I've Noticed That If I Start My Computer And Let It Run Long Enough Til I Know Windows Has Started (Approx. 20-30sec) And THEN Turn On My TV, I Don't Have Display Problems. But If I Try To Turn On My TV Before Or During My Computer's Startup Process I Can't Get A Video Signal (No Video Signal Displays Across My TV Screen Repeatedly). Does Anyone Have An Idea As To Why I Have This Problem? Thanks!

TV: Toshiba 32E300U
    CPU: AMD Phenom X6 1090T
    Motherboard: Asus M4A89GTD
    PSU: Antec TruePower 750w
    Graphics: Onboard Radeon HD4290
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 640GB
    RAM: 4GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz

Just so you know, you aren't alone. I've noticed this as well, with two different television/monitor configurations (one at my parents when I didn't have monitors) and the one at home with my bigger TV and a monitor. Any time I resume windows from sleep mode I get no signal on either the television or the primary monitor and have to force a shutdown, disconnect the television and then reboot. When I use two monitors I have no issues at all.

TV: LG 42 inch or LG 47 inch, one using DVI to Serial Video, one using DVI to HDMI
    CPU: Intel i7 920
    Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe v2
    PSU: Corsair 1500w
    Graphics: AMD 4870x2
    HDD: 2x Seagate 500gb in RAID0
    Ram: 6GB Trichan.

I suspect at this point given the drastically different hardware configurations that it may be a hardware issue with the AMD 4000 line. Seems to be the only common thing between our two setups.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Computer Graphics