Re-installed Windows Xp on new HDD

I have had to re-install Windows Xp Home on a another hdd, due to Software
meltdown. My problem is: i cant access my Documents and Settings folder off
my old disk.
when i click on the user name folder it says: Access Denied.

But i know theres 10gig in that folder. how can i get my docs back??
1 answer Last reply
More about installed windows

    As a local administrator you can take ownership.
    Explorer|"folder"|File|Properties|Security|Advanced|Owner and take
    ownership.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Nathan" wrote:
    |I have had to re-install Windows Xp Home on a another hdd, due to Software
    | meltdown. My problem is: i cant access my Documents and Settings folder
    off
    | my old disk.
    | when i click on the user name folder it says: Access Denied.
    |
    | But i know theres 10gig in that folder. how can i get my docs back??

Configuration Hard Drives Windows XP