OS, Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:
Newegg or any other cheap reliable websites

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:
USA

PARTS PREFERENCES:
GTX 460 SLI ready or other equivalent

OVERCLOCKING:
Yes, although i'm a Newb. But willing to learn.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE:
Yes definitely

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Monitor not needed. Willing to work with AMD if performance and price will be cheaper.
6 answers Last reply
More about build gtx460 equivalent
  1. $660AR, stick to single GPU solutions ^^
  2. very nice and economical batuchka.. even lower than i expected.

Is there a dramatic decrease in quality if I choose the 768 MB over the 1GB GTX 460?

and why stick to single gpu? I was hoping for this PC to last me awhile... I don't mind starting with just one video card for now.. if its SLI ready i can just buy another one in the near future.. maybe upgrade the mobo as well?

your input is very much appreciated.. thanks!
  3. I would say 768/1GB isn't a big diff but also about multi GPU: at the rate tech moves by the time u think games need GTX 460 SLI history has shown a more efficient single powerful GPU solution would already deem it unnecessary
  4. by the way I really like that mobo.. cheap and even has sata iii and usb 3. But with a newer-tech advanced gpu that would mean i would have to replace my mobo and stuff..

i'm still leaning towards a dual gpu ready system. all i would need to do in the future is just buy the same gpu. By then the gtx 460 should drop in price.
  5. also, i hope its not too late but i was wondering if you can include one that allows SSD raid. im planning to get at least 64gb SSD for windows and frequently used programs.
  6. Not really current gen chipsets are on PCIex 16 gen 2.0 and unless GPU interfaces move to gen 3.x *and* not backwards compatible with gen 2.0 there is no need for new mobos hehe Err GTX 460 could also EOL/be no longer in production by then
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems