[New Build] Moderately Priced i7 930 Build

Hey guys, I'm a first time builder that needs opinions before purchasing components. I've already bought the Core i7 930, so now I just have to build around it. I'm looking for parts that are proven to be great parts, but don't break the bank. All the parts I currently list are reviewed on various sites on the internet, as well as on the retailer site. Also, the CPU cooler I hope to buy can't be as big as those TRUE heatsinks. Space is an issue in my case.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Sunday, Aug. 1, probably by 8pm PT

BUDGET RANGE: $800 - $1100, the lower the better, but I can pay for quality to a point

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 (in the future) - 50%, Videos, internet, productivity 50%

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Sound, Network, OS, Case

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: exclusively NCIX.com for local pickup

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Vancouver, BC

PARTS PREFERENCES: Highly recommended parts. No obscure parts that no one knows about.

OVERCLOCKING: Yes, in a couple of months.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Crossfire once money allows. 2x 4850 sounds like a good plan for the future.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Currently 1280x768

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I really need help on that RAM. I'm not 100% sure it will work. Also, my current case is 16.5" x 7.5" x 18" so any massive parts will probably not work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My proposed build:
CPU: Intel Core i7 930
Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P SE14 - NCIX page
Mobo: EVGA X58 Micro mATX LGA1366 DDR3 - NCIX page
RAM: Corsair XMS3 TR3X6G1333C9 6GB - NCIX page
GFX Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 - NCIX page
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA2 - NCIX page
Power Supply: Corsair TX750W 750W ATX - NCIX page
Optical: Samsung SH-S223C 22X DVD Writer SATA - NCIX page

Opinions, comments, and critiques are welcome. If I am missing anything, no matter how minor, please let me know, as I am ordering at the same time and hoping to build at the same time once I pick them up.

Thanks a lot guys!
2 answers Last reply
More about build moderately priced build
  1. so no comments at all whether these parts will mesh together well or not? or whether or not they can be optimized further?

well thanks anyway guys and gals.
  2. ^ Frankly I dont think you going with i7 930 is a good idea...IMO you will not be able to take advantage of the full potential the i7 offers and also for a gaming PC, the i7 doesn't offer any significant advantage over say an i5 750/ 760...

So my suggestion would be sell the i7 930, get an i5 760 setup...
    You can get very good parts, a more powerful card and would be very cost effective...
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems