Sign in with
Your question

Can see PCI-E SSD in BIOS, but not Windows 7 installation

Last response: in Storage
October 19, 2012 2:28:44 PM

Hi,

I'm having a little trouble getting Windows 7 to detect my OCZ Revodrive 3 PCI-E SSD

I can see it in the bios, but in the Windows 7 installation when asked which drive to install on, I can't see it. I've got the driver disk, which I've used, and even after the drivers have apparently been installed I still can't see it.

I've heard a couple people say that I have to enable AHCI settings? Would this be the issue with a PCI-E SSD? I have an ASUS Maximus V Gene motherboard, and I'm wondering if anyone's had this issue before, or if its simply a matter of turning something on or off in the BIOS (and where??)

Please advise

HZA

More about : pci ssd bios windows installation

a b $ Windows 7
a c 159 G Storage
October 19, 2012 3:52:15 PM

You have to load the driver first by download the driver into the USB or cd. then install the win7, just before start install the OS, select load driver, after that you will see the driver.

Here the youtube link how to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKC1AySqK-w
October 19, 2012 4:03:02 PM

Thanks for the reply,

I tried using the drivers on the CD, but they didn't make a difference, and when I loaded the drivers from the website onto a usb stick last time, Windows couldn't find any "digitally signed drivers"... I'll try it again and let you know.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
October 19, 2012 4:15:30 PM

Are you installing with only your SSD plugged in?
October 19, 2012 4:18:01 PM

chugot9218 said:
Are you installing with only your SSD plugged in?

Yes, I've had no other storage device aside from my SSD in, and no devices show in the windows device selection screen during installation.
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
October 19, 2012 4:31:09 PM

Does your MOBO have the ASMedia ports? I don't remember specifically what the deal was with them on my MOBO, but I thought I had to have a controller for it or something??? Maybe make sure it is plugged into a regular SATA port.
October 31, 2012 2:07:51 PM

It's a PCIe SSD, it doesnt use sata ports, just plugs directly into the PCIe socket.
!