• SATA
  • DVD Burner
  • Connection
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
October 5, 2010 11:16:04 PM

Hi,

I just bought a DVD Burner that has Sata Input only, but my computer itself is IDE (PATA)...I cannot seem to connect my IDE TO SATA adapter for my burner to work...no connection to motherboard,etc. Can someone please help me? I'd appreciate it!! Thanks!!

Shawn

More about : hooking ide sata adapter dvd burner

October 6, 2010 3:53:47 AM

Hey,

Thanks for responding, the current one I'm trying to install is this: http://www.cablesunlimited.com/products/Newgallery.aspx...

I can't seem to find a connection on the motherboard...it's an IDE motherboard and it's a SATA only DVD Burner, not the other way around. If that helps, please let me know, man, this bums me out for the time being.
Related resources
October 6, 2010 1:41:21 PM

I've seen plenty of SATA board to IDE device changers but never the other way around.

If you've only just bought the drive take it back and exchange for an IDE one - less cabling and mess inside your case too.
October 6, 2010 2:09:15 PM

LePhuronn said:
I've seen plenty of SATA board to IDE device changers but never the other way around.

If you've only just bought the drive take it back and exchange for an IDE one - less cabling and mess inside your case too.

Actually, I've seen the sata to IDE, IDE to SATA two way adapter. It's not a good idea to use this kind of thing though. I agree about exchanging the drive for the sake of less mess inside the case. :D 
October 6, 2010 2:37:57 PM

Thanks you two! I was thinking the same thing actually. Makes more sense and is more logical. Thanks for the input!!

You rock!

-Shawn