Bluetooth issues

SonicPet07

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
Ok I've been using a Bluetooth keyboard and Mouse with the System I built earlier this summer. However I'm starting to have problems with the keyboard. It is a dell keyboard I got with my Dell XPS m1530 about 2 or 3 years ago. The problem is that all the shortcut buttons and controls for volume work perfectly fine. However the Actual Keyboard keys do not work. I'm at a loss on this one.

The problem began after I tried updating the drivers in a windows update. The update failed and I haven't been able to get it to take since. I tried to restore to an earlier version which didn't fix the problem. Its using a dongle and is working with my mouse perfectly.

Does this sound like a driver issue and if so any suggestions? Or is the keyboard a piece of crap and needing replaced? I'd like to keep using this keyboard because I really like the feel of the keys when I type. Any suggestions or similar experiences? any suggestions would be helpful I'm really hating the old HP keyboard I had laying around.

This kind of sounds like a electro-mechanical keyboard failure, or just being worn out.
Can you figure out the OEM MFGR and model number of the keyboard?