2004: Lag in single player?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 16, 2004 3:52:48 PM

I get some strange stuff happening while playing Single Player mode. My view
will "warp" around as if I'm connected to a server with bad ping, like I'll
be going in one direction, and then I'll turn my mouse, but I'll keep going
in that same direction, only a couple seconds later, I'm back where I
started. This was ok at first when the matches were easy but now I'm at the
team deathmatch levels and it is costing me games. This happens
occassionally in multiplayer also, though I suppose that is actual lag, but
strangely it happens most often in SP. I just don't know what to do.

I'm running latest UT2004 (patch 3) and dx 9.0b

Athlon 3200
512 RAM
Radeon 9800
nForce sound and LAN
PS/2 keyboard/mouse

More about : 2004 lag single player

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 4:18:48 PM

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:52:48 GMT, "k" <no@mail.com> wrote:

>I get some strange stuff happening while playing Single Player mode. My view
>will "warp" around as if I'm connected to a server with bad ping, like I'll
>be going in one direction, and then I'll turn my mouse, but I'll keep going
>in that same direction, only a couple seconds later, I'm back where I
>started. This was ok at first when the matches were easy but now I'm at the
>team deathmatch levels and it is costing me games. This happens
>occassionally in multiplayer also, though I suppose that is actual lag, but
>strangely it happens most often in SP. I just don't know what to do.
>
>I'm running latest UT2004 (patch 3) and dx 9.0b
>
>Athlon 3200
>512 RAM
>Radeon 9800
>nForce sound and LAN
>PS/2 keyboard/mouse

Swap file access maybe? With 512, you need to make sure you have
absolutely no unnecessary jobs running in the background. Assuming
Windows, check Task Manager to get your peak memory usage. If it's
over 512 or close to it, you know you're swapping.
August 17, 2004 3:46:57 PM

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:52:48 +0000, k wrote:

> I get some strange stuff happening while playing Single Player mode. My view
> will "warp" around as if I'm connected to a server with bad ping, like I'll
> be going in one direction, and then I'll turn my mouse, but I'll keep going
> in that same direction, only a couple seconds later, I'm back where I
> started. This was ok at first when the matches were easy but now I'm at the
> team deathmatch levels and it is costing me games. This happens
> occassionally in multiplayer also, though I suppose that is actual lag, but
> strangely it happens most often in SP. I just don't know what to do.

Do you have an optical mouse? When i use one (MS and others) the movement
goes to heck once in a while.
!