wireless card failing in upper pcmcia slot, pavilion xt395

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
November 22, 2004 3:14:20 PM

Hi,

My D-Link Air (DWL-610) wireless card only works in the lower PCMCIA
slot on my HP Pavilion xt395 laptop. Other cards, such as my
CompactFlash reader, work fine in both the top and bottom slots. Does
anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom
November 22, 2004 3:21:57 PM

t c wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My D-Link Air (DWL-610) wireless card only works in the lower PCMCIA
> slot on my HP Pavilion xt395 laptop. Other cards, such as my
> CompactFlash reader, work fine in both the top and bottom slots. Does
> anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

I have the same problem with wireless cards in several different laptops.
Never needed two wireless cards, so never tried to fix it.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 $2200

mike <spamme0@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<41A24A65.4080209@netscape.net>...
> t c wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My D-Link Air (DWL-610) wireless card only works in the lower PCMCIA
> > slot on my HP Pavilion xt395 laptop. Other cards, such as my
> > CompactFlash reader, work fine in both the top and bottom slots. Does
> > anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tom
>
> I have the same problem with wireless cards in several different laptops.
> Never needed two wireless cards, so never tried to fix it.
> mike

I don't need two wireless cards either, but the fact that the only
slot that works in the LOWER slot means that the bulge on my wireless
card prevents me from using the upper slot at all. And I'd like to
use it for a few different purposes, without having to pop out my
wireless card everytime.

Here's an interesting development: I can get the upper slot working IF
I first disable the lower slot in the device manager, then pop in the
wireless card into the upper. Immediately I can re-enable the lower,
and both slots will be working (with the wireless card in the upper)
until the next time the laptop sleeps or shuts down. Very weird! Any
ideas? Anyone?

Thanks,
Tom
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
November 29, 2004 11:29:38 PM

"t c" <tclifton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My D-Link Air (DWL-610) wireless card only works in the lower PCMCIA
> slot on my HP Pavilion xt395 laptop.

You have installed the needed drivers for both PCMCIA slots ?
!