Solved

Where to find PCI-e 6-pin connector TO power supply?

I just recently purchased another GeForce 8800 GTS to run in SLI with my computer. I got my computer custom-built using this power supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817116004&cm_re=NZXT_Precise-_-17-116-004-_-Product and said that it had multiple 6-pin PCIe connectors.

After trying to install my 2nd video card, I noticed that my power supply only came with one of these 6-pin connectors :( and that was already powering my original video card.

Where can I purchase a 6-pin PCIe connector that will connect FROM power supply TO video card?

I've seen molex to 6-pin PCI-e connectors, but I don't have enough open slots to use that.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about where find connector power supply
  1. opt1x said:

Where can I purchase a 6-pin PCIe connector that will connect FROM power supply TO video card?

You contact the psu manufacturer, or you make one yourself.
    Personally, I'd call the builder and tell him I wanted the rest of my psu cables.
  2. Whoever built the computer must have kept the extra cables. Do like dell said contact the manufacturer thats about all you can do.
  3. There's absolutely no where to buy that connector? Damn I got ripped off. Guess I'll have to try calling them.
  4. Best answer
    Its not something there is a market for so no reason to sell them. When you buy the power supplies it gives you enough wires to max it out so its noit like you would need to normally go out and buy more of those modular cables.
  5. saaiello said:
    Its not something there is a market for so no reason to sell them. When you buy the power supplies it gives you enough wires to max it out so its noit like you would need to normally go out and buy more of those modular cables.

Good point. Alright, thanks a lot guys.
  6. Best answer selected by opt1x.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Graphics Cards Computer PCI Express Components Product