Hdd enclosure not showing on my samsung tv

G

Hello,
recently purchased a dynamode enclosure to use with my 1tb hdd. this was removed from a seagate external hard drive but broke and now it is not showing on my samsung tv. let me add when it was in the seagate it was working perfectly with my tv. have tried formatting to fat32 from ntfs with no luck

jcharper

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
You can reformat on either Windows or Linux and the drive will then be recognised again by the TV which will then reformat and allow you to use it.

Unfortunately you will lose all data (although you can recover it before reformatting using an XFS file system recovery tool - you'll then have the problem of actually using the recovered files because they're all DRM protected....).

If the problem gets really bad it may completely kill your drive - I have already had to return one to the shop! Best answer is buy a separate DVR.......

jcharper

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
You can reformat on either Windows or Linux and the drive will then be recognised again by the TV which will then reformat and allow you to use it.

Unfortunately you will lose all data (although you can recover it before reformatting using an XFS file system recovery tool - you'll then have the problem of actually using the recovered files because they're all DRM protected....).

If the problem gets really bad it may completely kill your drive - I have already had to return one to the shop! Best answer is buy a separate DVR.......