Intel core i5 or amd phenom II X6 1055T

Hello,
am havin a PC with yhe followin specs.-
Samsung LCD 22"(1920x1080)
zebronics pro 600w PSU
nVidia geForce 9600gt(700/1900/950Mhz)
4GB DDr2 RAM at 800MHz
500gb HDD
...now am really caught up between going for a motherboard and processor from AMD or intel!!!
I need u to suggest me which would be betr for my following requirements and budget(11k INR)-
Gaming(at 1080p) at playable fps(35:)
Multi Tasking
CAD n CATIA
Video Encoding
most importantly it must be future ready(i intend to use fr atleast 5 yrs)
.......plz do help me n if possible support links to benchmarking are welcome!!!!
6 answers Last reply
More about intel core phenom 1055t
  1. Is that budget just for the processor? For the upgrade you need RAM, motherboard and CPU. That would come close to 25000 INR average.
  2. Yea......i mean my mobo is AM3 ready with memory controller!!!!
    ......n i intend to run on ddr2
    atleast for now!!!!
    ....so processor is all i need to upgrade atleast for a decent 3D Mark06 score(it presently reads 4800 odd with my old p4 519K gettin 729 cpu benchmark)!!!
  3. @dipankar2007i

I believe my GPU is bottlenecked by my CPU(an old p4 519K at 3.06GHz)......
    Again i would like 2 say dat i only aim 2 play most games at 30fps ......so ever i feel da need 2 change ma GFX card i might, bt now i've hardly used it long enuf bro!!!!!
  4. Am a little confused here.. You say your motherboard is AM3 ready so basically it means that you already have a motherboard.. As such, it being an AMD processor compliant motherboard, you need to purchase an AMD CPU and not Intel (skeptical to say i know).. I too agree that you have a weak card for any of the modern day games (be it at 30 fps also)..
  5. Emperus said:
    Am a little confused here.. You say your motherboard is AM3 ready so basically it means that you already have a motherboard.. As such, it being an AMD processor compliant motherboard, you need to purchase an AMD CPU and not Intel (skeptical to say i know).. I too agree that you have a weak card for any of the modern day games (be it at 30 fps also)..

okk...yea no point in swappin ma mobo fr LGA 1156...bt den i suppose i had betr go fr an AMD Phenom II X4 965BE n xchange ma GFX fr a newer one(say GTS 450 or Radeon 5770).
    is dat goin to solve da purpose????
  6. Quote:
    ^You have a damm keyboard in front of you.Write ENGLISH WORDS IN THERE FULL FORM.This is not twitter that you write words in short form.If you think it is cool then you are a useless moran.

Agreed! :)

This is a proper tech forum and not hippie club! Please stop using endless punctuations. Just one is enough. And type in proper English makes it more readable and decent to look at!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs