Asus k8v se deluxe no LAN connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

roscoslack

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Hello,

I installed a fresh version of windows xp, but I don't have the recovery cd for the motherboard. I'm currently unable to connect to the internet, and the only connection I can get is a 1934 connection. I don't know which drivers i need to install to get this computer working again. Any ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Solution
The BIOS setting wouldn't change by installing Windows, so it must have been disabled. Because you said the only connection you can get is 1394 (firewire), I assumed you meant you really could only use the firewire connection (ie no USB connection)? This is why I thought it was at a higher level than the BIOS.

If you notice this setting switching off on you in the future, it could indicate an issue with the LAN controller on the motherboard or an issue with the motherboard in general.

Glad you got it working though.
The BIOS setting wouldn't change by installing Windows, so it must have been disabled. Because you said the only connection you can get is 1394 (firewire), I assumed you meant you really could only use the firewire connection (ie no USB connection)? This is why I thought it was at a higher level than the BIOS.

If you notice this setting switching off on you in the future, it could indicate an issue with the LAN controller on the motherboard or an issue with the motherboard in general.

Glad you got it working though.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.