Best graphic card for Starcraft 2

Hello,

Im wondering wich grappic card i need to play SC II high settings.

This is what i got now:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

CPU Speed
Minimum: 2.6 GHz
3.00 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.4 GHz.

RAM: 3.2GB RAM
Video RAM: 1.9 GB

Video Card: GeForce 9500 GT

As you can see i definatly need a better graphic card. Which do u recommend? (and is everything else good enough?)
7 answers Last reply
More about best graphic card starcraft
  1. well, you havent stated what ram it is that you have, just how much you have.

how much do you have to spend?

processor is fine.
  2. Starcraft 2 is not a super graphically intense game so you do not need a super powerful card. A good GPU for your system to keep it balanced would be either a HD 5770 or a GTX 460.

Also how big of a power supply do you have? You will need at least a decent 400 to 500 watt unit.
  3. Got 500 Watt unit, got enough money, but what do you mean with ''what kind''?
    Im a noob.
  4. i mean what type of memory you have. for instance... i have 4gb's of corsair XMS3 DDR3 ram running at 1600mhz dual channel kit.

if you have enough money i would suggest a top end graphics card. an ATI 5000 series or Nvidia 400 series.

i have a gtx 470 myself and there isnt a game on the market i cant run on max seetings with phys-x enabled. they are about £230 for the card
  5. Uhm,

i have no ******* idea. im just 15 and my dad called somebody just to get a good computer. that was a few years ago. i srsly dont understand half if the things that people are talking about, srry. but is a gtx 460 good enough?
  6. yes. a gtx 460 is a very good graphics card. if you can afford then go grab it.
  7. Thnx dude.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Starcraft 2 Components