What gpu brand is best?

hello guys

i am planning on getting hd 5970 i was just wondering which brand is best for gpus and provides decent warranty.

So far i am insterested in XFX hd 5970 black edition and comes with 2 year warranty or
asus hd 5970 comes with dirt 2 and 3 year warranty.

can some 1 tell me which brand should i go for? inc others like ati, sapphire.. and which provide the best warranty services?

thanks in advance.
11 answers Last reply
More about what brand best
  1. If you know how to overclock, get the black edition. Otherwise, ASUS, Sapphire, MSI, they make decent models.
  2. I would say get XFX because of warranty...
    HD5970 is a monster, i doubt you'll want to OC it, except you are an enthusiast gamer... :)
  3. i know how to overclock gpus but i am not willing to overclock and i dont think i will need to aswell. i just want to have a fast, good, long warranty :) spending half a grand on gpu is alot and specially when you go to high school.

I personnaly like asus 3year warranty but i was wondering if there are others better 1's.. i heard asus takes about 1 month to replace a gpu which is long on other hand xfx does it in less then a week.
  4. XFX has a 2x lifetime warranty if you register the card within 30 days of purchase, or something like that.
  5. i've owned asus, xfx, evga, and MSI

never had an issue with any of them
  6. Warranty wise: eVGA & XFX

Price wise: Sapphire, MSI, and Asus are all good.
  7. @shadow xfx may have 2x lifetime warranty but it only offers 2 years on hd 5970

@jerreece atm xfx black edition is cheepest 1 i can find(on ebuyer) for only £499 ( it was £540 but recently droped in price) . which is cheeper then asus(£519)and sapphire(£540).

I guess i might just go with asus or xfx cant choose.
    btw any 1 know how long is his warranty on hd 5970?
  8. helloshayan said:
    @shadow xfx may have 2x lifetime warranty but it only offers 2 years on hd 5970

@jerreece atm xfx black edition is cheepest 1 i can find(on ebuyer) for only £499 ( it was £540 but recently droped in price) . which is cheeper then asus(£519)and sapphire(£540).

I guess i might just go with asus or xfx cant choose.
    btw any 1 know how long is his warranty on hd 5970?

If you can get the XFX BE for cheapest, I'd say go for that one. :) As far as warranty length, honestly I've never owned a computer component (other than a power supply) for that long without upgrading it anyhow. Granted the 5970 is a high end product right now, so it should serve you for quite a while. But still, anything beyond 2 years is sort of meaningless in my personal opinion.
  9. @ jerrece well is there any differnce between asus and xfx except they call it black edition?. if u talking about voltage teeker asus has it too and i can use msi afterburner for that aswell. although asus is £20 more then xfx but it does come with free dirt 2:P and 1 year more warranty
  10. I'd say Sapphire !! then
  11. nvm i am going for asus:P thanks for all ur help
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs HD Graphics