What gpu brand is best?

helloshayan

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
hello guys

i am planning on getting hd 5970 i was just wondering which brand is best for gpus and provides decent warranty.

So far i am insterested in XFX hd 5970 black edition and comes with 2 year warranty or
asus hd 5970 comes with dirt 2 and 3 year warranty.

can some 1 tell me which brand should i go for? inc others like ati, sapphire.. and which provide the best warranty services?

thanks in advance.

helloshayan

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
i know how to overclock gpus but i am not willing to overclock and i dont think i will need to aswell. i just want to have a fast, good, long warranty :) spending half a grand on gpu is alot and specially when you go to high school.

I personnaly like asus 3year warranty but i was wondering if there are others better 1's.. i heard asus takes about 1 month to replace a gpu which is long on other hand xfx does it in less then a week.

helloshayan

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
@shadow xfx may have 2x lifetime warranty but it only offers 2 years on hd 5970

@jerreece atm xfx black edition is cheepest 1 i can find(on ebuyer) for only £499 ( it was £540 but recently droped in price) . which is cheeper then asus(£519)and sapphire(£540).

I guess i might just go with asus or xfx cant choose.
btw any 1 know how long is his warranty on hd 5970?

If you can get the XFX BE for cheapest, I'd say go for that one. :) As far as warranty length, honestly I've never owned a computer component (other than a power supply) for that long without upgrading it anyhow. Granted the 5970 is a high end product right now, so it should serve you for quite a while. But still, anything beyond 2 years is sort of meaningless in my personal opinion.

helloshayan

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
@ jerrece well is there any differnce between asus and xfx except they call it black edition?. if u talking about voltage teeker asus has it too and i can use msi afterburner for that aswell. although asus is £20 more then xfx but it does come with free dirt 2:p and 1 year more warranty