Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Confused a LOT about CPU !

Last response: in CPUs
October 6, 2010 7:37:07 PM

Hi guys can someone explain what is going on with this benchmarks ?

CPU isnt always in its RATED place . in one games its FIRST CPU . & in other its worst .

rule says higher CPU works better for example we should expect higher results on 760 but sometime 750 is higher .

Question is . how i can trust the choosen CPU ? which benchmarks can say which CPU is better in almost all GAMES ?

why some CPU works good in this game & works bad on that game
Higher CPU has been made to give higher services & higher Speed inany game or Software . BUT ITS NOT LIKE THAT . PLEASE EXPLAIN .

More about : confused lot cpu

a b à CPUs
October 6, 2010 8:07:26 PM

Some CPU's will use more than 2 cores, so if you have a 2.6Ghz Dual Core and a 2.6Ghz quad core and the game will take advantage of quad cores then the quad core will win. If it is a single or dual core game then it would be about the same. It isnt always about speed, core count matters alot.

Different features on CPU's Hyper threading, AES acceleration, new SSE instructions will affect performance. The 760 is better than the 750. What benchmarks do you see that say otherwise?
a c 81 à CPUs
October 6, 2010 8:40:42 PM

It is not always about clock speed.. Otherwise the Phenom II X4 965 with its stock speed of 3.4 GHz (highest in multi-core processors) will always come on top.. The core architecture plays an important role.. The Intel CPU's post the C2D series have a better and more faster architecture compared to the similar era AMD CPU's and thus consistently perform better than them..
Related resources
October 7, 2010 11:13:22 AM

STALKER call of pripyat based on AMD & Crysis is based on INTEL so which one ( INTEL or AMD ) will help me get better results , are most of games based on INTEL or AMD ? which is better afterall , i wanna get i5 760 , is it fine for handle both AMD based games & INTEL ones ?
October 7, 2010 11:16:28 AM

IT all refers to making money , there were INTEL & after that AMD comes up . if INTEL were first & last , all games would run JUST great on every powerfull INTEL VGA . is there any way to solve this gaming problem in future ? will someone think about our pockets( Money that we have ) & wishes ?
a b à CPUs
October 7, 2010 12:06:15 PM

I think your mildly confused. Intel doesnt really have a VGA, they only really have GMA IGP. Which couldnt game for its life more or less. Gaming takes a dedicated GPU most of the time. So thats where AMD (ATI) and Nvidia come in to play. They are far more important to gaming that the CPU.
For example. Crysis. You put in a 980x, with a GTX 460, and then seperately a X4 955 with a 5870. Who do you think would win? The 5870 and 955 would win. Crysis is a GPU limited games, all games are, if they arent, they are above 60 FPS, and we dont really care after that point. So id worry more about the GPU for good gaming than the CPU. Id say CPU is 20% of gaming, GPU is 80% (excluding RAM, HDD, so on).
Secondly, any CPU can play any game. Any GPU can basically play any game, just some games are optimized for a certain company. So where as the 5870 might beat the 460 by 20% in DiRT 2, it might only beat it by 5% in Farcry 2, an Nvidia optimized game. Wether you have Intel or AMD, you can play the game.
Now, are you refering to will there ever be a company that cares about the end consumer? Nah...it goes against what a company is. A company is a group of people who generally give a service or product, and charge for it to maximize profit. Intel does it by controlling the OEM (until lately, things are being shaken up) and having the expensive high end, as well as servers. Intel may have sold 100 980X last week, but they probably sold 50,000 i3 530. Its high profit, low yield at the high end, low proift high yield at the low end. AMD makes the most profit they can by high yield, low profit. They sell hundreds of thousands of CPU's under 100$ fairly often, however they only make a small profit on them. Until they both compete on a full scale, AMD at the high end, Intel at the low end, then we will see thing be shaken up.
a b à CPUs
October 7, 2010 12:19:15 PM

Quote:
^Dude you are now an Addict.By now you should know how to post a comment..Wall of text is really hard to read.

T
h
e
n

d
o
n
t

r
e
a
d

i
t

Does that help your eyes? Good info in walls of text is better than bad info in paragraphs.
October 7, 2010 12:22:20 PM

Thanks for that usefull information , so if it is about matching of VGA card with system , can you say which would work well on this RIG ? 5850 or GTX 465

the rig that i want to buy is this :

MOBO:GA P55A UD3
CPU:Core i5-760 Quad 2.8GHz
RAM:2x2GB DualChanel 1333MHZ DDR3
PSU:CORSAIR - TX650

the card that matches is fine , what if i get the card that desnt match with these RIG ? will i see a performanmce hit ? or system will not give the thing that i want ?

a b à CPUs
October 7, 2010 12:26:02 PM

8Vidia said:
Thanks for that usefull information , so if it is about matching of VGA card with system , can you say which would work well on this RIG ? 5850 or GTX 465

the rig that i want to buy is this :

MOBO:GA P55A UD3
CPU:Core i5-760 Quad 2.8GHz
RAM:2x2GB DualChanel 1333MHZ DDR3
PSU:CORSAIR - TX650

the card that matches is fine , what if i get the card that desnt match with these RIG ? will i see a performanmce hit ? or system will not give the thing that i want ?

No no no, i didnt mean it like that. An AMD card will work just as well in an Intel rig as it does with a AMD rig. Nvidia is more compatible with Intel generally. As i said before, wait for 6xxx to come in a few weeks, and re-acess the situation. BTW, the 5850 eats the 465 for breakfast, its the 460 it should be against.
October 7, 2010 12:44:05 PM

when 6 series comes , they will be too expensive then i have to wait much longer . but if i get 5850 it would provide me for atleast 4 years MAYBE . dont oy think ?

have you been in lots of tests of NVidia & ATI cards , which one has something special in games to show ? i am not asking about models . just wanna know which one let you to experience game as you wished to play it ? & second question is that Compatiblity effects a lot or just alittle when you get High END hardwares ?
a b à CPUs
October 7, 2010 12:51:28 PM

8Vidia said:
when 6 series comes , they will be too expensive then i have to wait much longer . but if i get 5850 it would provide me for atleast 4 years MAYBE . dont oy think ?

have you been in lots of tests of NVidia & ATI cards , which one has something special in games to show ? i am not asking about models . just wanna know which one let you to experience game as you wished to play it ? & second question is that Compatiblity effects a lot or just alittle when you get High END hardwares ?

6xxx series is landing with the middle end first, so its suppose to be somewhere between $180-260, for the 6750 (might be renamed 6850) and the 6770 (might be renamed 6870).
October 7, 2010 12:57:42 PM

have they something special for example DX 12 ,lol? or they have same technology that 5xxx has ? & remember when 5 series came to shops 4 series had more powerfull cards than some of 5 series cards . i only car about PERFORMANCE & QUALITY . i dont care if they are NEW or OLD . have you forgot mr 4890 ?
a b à CPUs
October 7, 2010 1:00:04 PM

8Vidia said:
have they something special for example DX 12 ,lol? or they have same technology that 5xxx has ? & remember when 5 series came to shops 4 series had more powerfull cards than some of 5 series cards . i only car about PERFORMANCE & QUALITY . i dont care if they are NEW or OLD . have you forgot mr 4890 ?

Both 5xxx and 4xx have DX11. 6xxx will have DX11. They all are basically the same in that respect. Just wait for 6xxx.
October 7, 2010 1:11:42 PM

OK OK . 6 series will come & after that 7 series comes next day . this is the technology . so we should wait for EVER , no ?
October 7, 2010 1:13:39 PM

how long a single 5850 will work for me . if i use it under 1440 REZ ( that is overkilling ) . we are JUST IMAGING .
a b à CPUs
October 7, 2010 1:15:34 PM

8Vidia said:
OK OK . 6 series will come & after that 7 series comes next day . this is the technology . so we should wait for EVER , no ?

Waiting for technology isnt a yes or no thing. 3 things are important, how long to wait, do you need it, and how much improvement will it give. If its only weeks you have to wait, then thats nothing. I dont recommend waiting for months and months for something though. Do you need it? Obviously. How much performance increase? 6870 seems to get 30% over the 5870, and 6770 about GTX 470 performance, so close to 2x the performance of the 5770. So it should be worth the wait. Those are estimates, they could be more, they could be a little less, but around them.
October 7, 2010 1:27:20 PM

So when they will Publish in whole around the world . how they prcie would be for example how much will 6870 or 6770 will be ?

Best solution

a b à CPUs
October 7, 2010 6:31:27 PM

8Vidia said:
Hi guys can someone explain what is going on with this benchmarks ?

CPU isnt always in its RATED place . in one games its FIRST CPU . & in other its worst .

rule says higher CPU works better for example we should expect higher results on 760 but sometime 750 is higher .

Question is . how i can trust the choosen CPU ? which benchmarks can say which CPU is better in almost all GAMES ?

why some CPU works good in this game & works bad on that game
Higher CPU has been made to give higher services & higher Speed inany game or Software . BUT ITS NOT LIKE THAT . PLEASE EXPLAIN .

Ok, I think I can clear this issue up for you. Gaming is not really about what CPU you have. All the CPU has to do is be able to not bottleneck the GPU/video card. As long as you have a decent video card like a GTS 250/HD 4850 or better, you'll be very happy with the performance of your games, usually regardless of what CPU you have. Now of course, there is a caveat to that. There is a minimum level of CPU you should have but it's nothing major. An AMD Athlon X2 240 3.2GHz or Athlon II X3 445 would ensure that your vidcards wouldn't be bottlenecked even if you had a couple of HD 4870s crossfired or a couple of GTX 260s in SLI. The CPU doesn't have to be expensive on a gaming machine, in fact, it doesn't even have to break $100. Hope this helps. :sol: 
a b à CPUs
October 7, 2010 6:42:22 PM

8Vidia said:
So when they will Publish in whole around the world . how they prcie would be for example how much will 6870 or 6770 will be ?

Well i dont work for AMD, and therefore dont know, but my guess is between $200-275.
October 7, 2010 8:40:40 PM

Best answer selected by 8vidia.
October 7, 2010 8:42:59 PM

Avro Arrow . your massage was very usefull & great . but i tried & couldnt select as a best answer . i will try again . ALL others thanks for all answers , they were usefull too . each answer made thing more clear for me .
a b à CPUs
October 8, 2010 8:55:02 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!