No display using onbard for ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

thaKingRocka

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
I just assembled a computer for the first time in my life last night. Almost everything seems to be in working order. I am currently typing from it. The problem is that I was unable to get an image from the onboard display ports. The board has a DVI port and a VGA port, but I got no image from either one. Eventually, I was able to get an image using the GPU, which is an XFX Radeon HD 6850. I am using the DVI port on that card, but I want to know if I should be looking to replace this motherboard before I get too entrenched with this PC or if there is something simple and foolish that I've missed somehow.

I double checked the connections for 24 pins, and I've made sure that everything was seated well with connections to the MOBO. I really don't know what could be causing the problem. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

thaKingRocka

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
Well, I found that having the discrete GPU in the system prevented the onboard GPU from working. I took out the 6850, and I was able to get a display with the onboard ports. Now, I'm on to other troubles. I think this machine just overheated and forced a shutdown.