Restricting sofware access for some users

I would like to restrict access to certain programs for some users. Is there
an easy way to do this?
2 answers Last reply
More about restricting sofware access users

    The easiest way that I have found is to apply permissions to the folder
    containing the .exe for the application you wish to restrict. Make sure the
    users you wish to withhold access from are not Administrators and you should
    be in the clear.

    "TSLAdmin" wrote:

    > I would like to restrict access to certain programs for some users. Is there
    > an easy way to do this?

    Hi,

    Installing and running software in Windows XP by Rick Rogers MS-MVP
    http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    TSLAdmin wrote:
    > I would like to restrict access to certain programs for
    > some users. Is there an easy way to do this?

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP