Finding the darn wifi network security key

Li70

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
I bought an Aspire One D260, Windows 7 Starter, intel Atom for several different reasons, 1 big 1 being financial. Anywhew even though yrs. ago I had data Processing training Ive really never felt computer literate, this is the 1st new good working computer ive had, new definetly. When im in a public setting to receive wifi at my notebook im fine, but when i go up to the short cut to my house not even a block a way, no good signals & when I do get 1 It needs the network security key & rite now im not in a position to get extra hookups except trying to get the darn keys 4 my wifi can any1 help it would be much appreciated!

Li70

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
My reply is, since i couldnt find a way to add more to my subject [edit] it I cant get my wifi because i get weak signals @ then I run into the network security key problem @ thats all the connections im going to get for awhile, the wifi on my notebook.

Wireless signals don't generally travel quite as far as the manufacturers like to claim. On the security key, if you don't need it at home because your system has it stored and yet you're asked for it when outdoors, you're looking at someone else's network.
[/#000ff]