Sign in with
Your question

Audio Jack retasking Not supported on ASROCK P67 extream4

Last response: in Motherboards
May 29, 2011 10:31:43 PM

audio Jack re-tasking Not supported on ASROCK P67 extream4

Hi guys bought this mobo and seems to be this one Nifty Feature (I use both a Head phone and Speakers so this was a Very useful feature for me)

this was in my Gigabyte P45 mobo.. it is not Present in the ASROCK P67 extream4..i tried swapping drivers. from the relatek site and the ASROCK no use...lol i even tried the Driver From the gigabyte site lol i know silly me..
but im desperate..

Do you guys know any Audio cards that supports Jack re-tasking..creative?? asus??? any suggetions???

Thanks a Load in advance guys
a c 129 V Motherboard
May 29, 2011 10:50:27 PM

try to get driver 250 or older if the card is supported(I have a ALC892 same as listed for your board). Anything newer(then 250) then that and my gigabyte board only re-tasks the blue rear jack(front,rear,center,mic,line in,mic ect) all others are just what they are supposed to be and i think mic in or line in.

You can also uncheck for the option to mute speakers when headphones are plugged. then speakers and headphones can be used at the same time for the same audio output.

Vista_Win7_R250_x64 is what you search if you have windows 7 64 bit.
m
l
May 30, 2011 7:01:42 PM

any decent sound card will allow you that option....i have an asus xonar ds and it does it.

another option would be a usb headset, freeing the onboard audio jacks for speakers
m
l
Related resources
June 6, 2011 5:13:26 PM

I have treid downgrading Drivers....no use Bro.. Kinda sad cause its a new mobo and desnt have option i had 2 years back :fou: 

Xonar DS..it is hating my self now for not buying an assus or a MSI mobo.
m
l
June 30, 2011 1:02:22 PM

malindar said:
I have treid downgrading Drivers....no use Bro.. Kinda sad cause its a new mobo and desnt have option i had 2 years back :fou: 

Xonar DS..it is hating my self now for not buying an assus or a MSI mobo.

Guys,

This worked for me! Found it on the Overclock.net fourm

Anyways, I'm fairly sure your board is fine, I'm having the same issue on my IP35-Pro (although non-XE), where I get a notification that something has been plugged in, but never a popup asking me what. (Running vista x64 sp1)

I have, however, found out where the mappings are saved in the registry and as such been able to sort of work around the issue.

1. For me, the mappings are saved in: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\C ontr ol\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings\DevType_0888_SS147b108 3"

2. binary keys that I have identified are:
"Pin01" = rear black-coded "RR RL" jack
"Pin07" = front green-coded "headphone" jack

3. hex values identified:
"00 00 00 00" = Line-in
"01 00 00 00" = Mic-in
"02 00 00 00" = headphones
"04 00 00 00" = Front speakers
"05 00 00 00" = Rear speakers
"06 00 00 00" = Center/subwoofer
"07 00 00 00" = Side speakers

For me, retasking/mapping the rear audiojack (RR RL) to front speakers was enough and all I wanted to do.

After changing the registry I had to reboot for the settings to take effect, there's probably a more elegant way to do it via some dll, but that'll take more time than I'm willing to spend

Anyways, hope it's of some help.
m
l
!